OT: indoor cycling video game / Zwift

Marion Silies

Feb 26, 2015, 11:56:52 AM2/26/15
to SF2G
I have recently seen an accumulation of rides on Strava that appear to happen on a tiny island in the middle of the ocean and after some days of confusion found this
http://www.bicycling.com/blogs/thehub/zwift-launches-virtual-indoor-training-game

Maybe interesting for people who like indoor riding, but want "company" (if that exists).
Sorry if this is old news.
Marion

Ben Kochie

Feb 26, 2015, 12:47:01 PM2/26/15
to Marion Silies, SF2G
Hrm, could be useful with my KICKR.  Stupid Berlin winters. :-(

---

Jason Thorpe

Feb 26, 2015, 1:19:10 PM2/26/15
to masi...@gmail.com, SF2G
I’m in their Beta program … I’m going to be getting my setup put together this weekend to try out… I’ll let you know how it goes :-)

---

-- thorpej

Ben Kochie

Feb 27, 2015, 4:59:26 PM2/27/15
to Jason Thorpe, SF2G, Marion Silies

If you get invites, let us know :-)

steve armijo

Feb 28, 2015, 12:45:49 AM2/28/15
to Ben Kochie, Jason Thorpe, SF2G, Marion Silies
i signed up today around 3PMish and about an hour ago they sent me instructions for how to start using stuff.  maybe they're just opened up the floodgates?

-s

Maciek Wojciechowski

Feb 28, 2015, 12:48:59 AM2/28/15
to st...@subgeni.us, Ben Kochie, Jason Thorpe, SF2G, Marion Silies

I think they are for folks with a mac and a powermeter.

Jeremy Yost

Feb 28, 2015, 12:55:55 AM2/28/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
I'm set up with my avatar but haven't been successful at making it work. Had to get my ANT+ USB2 stick, which I now have, but then the Zwift application got a little testy and I had to try again. Will try again this weekend. If anyone else is doing it this weekend, can we ride together? Does it work like that?

Jeremy Yost

Feb 28, 2015, 11:28:13 AM2/28/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
Inspired by your post I did it last night. It was fun! I watched it on my Surface Pro and the screen was too small to see the messages that popped up. I then downloaded the program to the Mac Mini, which is hooked up to the TV and the experience was way better! A lot more people riding this morning, which was nighttime/early morning on Zwift island.