Sf2g BTWD this year?

Anna Walters

Apr 27, 2016, 5:10:39 PM4/27/16
to SF2G
Hey you guys!!

I'm planning Bike To Work Day at LinkedIn this year, *and* helping coordinate group rides to MV & SV with Google & Intuit on that day -- May 12. :)

Wondering, is anyone planning to head up the big ride? If so, I'd love to link out to the info page -- like this one from 2015, and list a POC. Apologies if I missed a note on this already.

Side note: I'm officially moving back to SF May 1, and can't wait to start leading some NRLB rides again! I've missed ya'll! You need burly fenders and disc brakes to bike in PDX...my road bike hasn't had much love lately.

Thanks,
Anna

--
Anna Walters
cell: (360) 918-1109

Peter Colijn

Apr 27, 2016, 6:29:45 PM4/27/16
to annac...@gmail.com, SF2G
Anna, great to hear from you! We've missed you!

I'm working on getting the web page(s) set up. Spoiler alerts:
- the ride is indeed on, leaving from 24th & mish BART promptly @ 630, per BTWD tradition
- we will have 12 GALLONS of iced coffee donated by Pinhole on Cortland (wave to them as you ride past on BTWD!)
- Brian and Bonnie at SFBC have been getting things organized from their side, the rollout should be as festive as ever and happy to put you in touch with them

Peter

---

Anna Walters

Apr 27, 2016, 6:47:44 PM4/27/16
to Peter Colijn, SF2G
Woohoo! Thanks for the info Peter! I'll call a ride once I'm back, and not zoinked from BTWD prep. :P

And thanks for working on a page -- that's always so helpful for newbies. I'll plan on linking to it from comms & internal sites once it's up.

Awesome you've got the SFBC helping organize -- Brian is also helping out w/ LinkedIn's SF energizer station. Should I list the SVBC as the POC for the ride? Or maybe just direct folks who have questions to email the group directly? I'm fine with whatever works best. I could also list myself and field questions...

Thanks again! Looking forward to being back.

Anna

Brett Lider

Apr 27, 2016, 6:50:36 PM4/27/16
to Anna Walters, Peter Colijn, SF2G
Might this be a good time to see if we can get an SFPD escort down Mission, Cesar Chavez, and Bayshore to Tunnel? That would make the ride easier and faster and keep us together for much longer (no Cortland hill, no lights).

Anyone have any contacts they could work? Should I just email the Mission Station head?

Pierre Georgel

Apr 27, 2016, 7:04:35 PM4/27/16
to SF2G, annac...@gmail.com, caff...@colijn.ca
Hi everyone,

I am somewhat the google coordinator which always feels weird. Let me know if there is any changes so I can communicate them to everyone.

Pierre
ps it is good to be back