Wed 7/27 Bayway LSR 6:30 S2.5

Sam Uong

Jul 26, 2016, 7:58:55 PM7/26/16
to SF2G
LSR = La Stazione Rollout (22nd & Pennsylvania in Potrero Hill)

Planning to take 3rd, Williams, Phelps, then get onto Bayshore and follow the standard Bayway route.

I estimate a BBQ intercept at ~6:50. Hipsters could probably roll from Philz at 6:30 and intercept at the same time. I've never actually done an LSR though, so if anyone has and knows more accurate intercept times, please chime in.

ETA at Google is 9am. Anyone interested?

Sam.

Eric Manuel

Jul 26, 2016, 9:07:23 PM7/26/16
to SF2G
+2 from blankenshore, if we run short on time we might roll through the water stop as my colleague has to be in the office by nine

Thomas Young

Jul 26, 2016, 9:14:21 PM7/26/16
to SF2G
+1 from LSR to Whipple Ave.

---

Eric Rhode

Jul 26, 2016, 9:53:38 PM7/26/16
to SF2G
+1 @LSR

Nathan Dushman

Jul 26, 2016, 11:45:00 PM7/26/16
to SF2G
I haven't done the route you propose from La Stazione, but the route I used for years is 3rd -> Paul -> San Bruno, and I'd recommend that instead of cutting over to Bayshore, although right now you'll need to go a block further on 3rd to Salinas and then go back a block to Paul due to bridge reconstruction. Your timing looks about right to me - I figure a La Stazione roll-out is somewhere between a Philz and a Ritual roll-out.

Also note that there's now a Philz in Dogpatch, which makes for a good alternate roll-out location (unlike La Stazione, there's room to bring your bike in).

Nathan

Sam Uong

Jul 26, 2016, 11:58:50 PM7/26/16
to n...@abtech.org, SF2G

Thanks for the tips. Philz is in a slightly better location so I'll probably use that in future ride calls. What don't you like about cutting over to Bayshore?

Sam.

Nathan Dushman

Jul 27, 2016, 12:16:16 AM7/27/16
to Sam Uong, SF2G

Well, habit mostly, I suppose. Despite the bike lane on Bayshore I prefer riding on 3rd, there's less traffic early in the morning. Also I think staying on 3rd is more direct and possibly slightly flatter. But, again, I've never done the route you're proposing - never even looked at it - so I can't make a comparison.

Nathan

katie evans

Jul 27, 2016, 12:27:10 AM7/27/16
to SF2G
+0.5 from BBQ

Blair Menn

Jul 27, 2016, 2:12:21 AM7/27/16
to SF2G
+.5 from Blankenshore

Madelaine D. Boyd

Jul 27, 2016, 9:07:45 AM7/27/16
to SF2G
+1 at bbq (same as blankenshore?)

Sam Uong

Jul 27, 2016, 12:36:24 PM7/27/16
to madelai...@gmail.com, SF2G
That was a little less style than advertised, but lots of fun. Thanks everyone for joining!