Sun 1/15 8:33 16th st bart, east bay ride, style easy

Alexandre Passos

Jan 11, 2017, 9:56:31 PM1/11/17
to SF2G, Cordelia Link, Hyan
Since the hills are green and everyone is fat, slow, and sandbaggy, who wants to ride east bay roads on sunday?

Tentative route is https://ridewithgps.com/routes/18440915 : bart to concord, do morgan territory, eat in downtown livermore, ride through pleasanton, do palomares, water stop in castro valley, descend to san leandro to finish in drakes or  21st amendment (they opened last year in san leandro next to drake's). Total under 70mi and under 5k feet. No dirt.

I expect a chill pace will have us drinking by 3pm. If you're not feeling up to it there's a bailout option in dublin / pleasanton bart right after lunch, then another in castro valley and san leandro.

8:33am on 16th st, rearmost car of the pittsburgh bart train.

Rain cancels, but sunday has looked dry for days.
--
 - Alexandre

Viet-Trung Luu

Jan 11, 2017, 10:52:10 PM1/11/17
to Alexandre Passos, SF2G, Cordelia Link, Hyan
+something-ish (we'll see how the weather evolves), since I'm fat and weighed down by a lot of sand.

I reserve the right to bail halfway though. Also, someone should double-check the state of all the roads involved.

  • "Morgan Territory Road between Marsh Creek Road and Curry Creek Park"
  • "Due to mudslides, Palomares Road is closed between mile marker 8 & 11. The closure will last through Wednesday morning." [Is that Wednesday as in today?]
http://www.eastbaytimes.com/2017/01/11/bay-area-storm-two-rescued-from-niles-canyon-floods-hammer-east-bay/ also says "Niles Canyon Road reopened around 4:15 p.m., according to Fremont police. Authorities urged motorists to proceed with caution as rocks may still fall over the next few days." (gulp?) and "In Castro Valley, Palamores [sic] Road and Norris Canyon Road remained closed Wednesday night for mud and debris removal.".

Sounds messy.

---

Alexandre Passos

Jan 11, 2017, 10:53:39 PM1/11/17
to Viet-Trung Luu, SF2G, Cordelia Link, Hyan
Eesh. I had no idea it was that bad... ok, let's check conditions on sat and decide again.
--
 - Alexandre

Robert Griesmeyer

Jan 11, 2017, 10:57:57 PM1/11/17
to SF2G, cordel...@gmail.com, hyan...@gmail.com
+0.5 Cool idea and route!

Georgia Andrews

Jan 11, 2017, 11:00:49 PM1/11/17
to Robert Griesmeyer, SF2G, Cordelia Link, Hyan Park
+1 fat & slow

literally haven't touched a bike in over a week

---

-~-~-~-~-

Yuanyu Chen

Jan 11, 2017, 11:01:16 PM1/11/17
to gri...@gmail.com, SF2G, cordel...@gmail.com, hyan...@gmail.com
+likely. was gonna call a morgan territory ride for monday but sunday's also cool if conditions aren't crappy. is it sandbagging if I'm actually fat'n'slow?

---

Cordelia Link

Jan 11, 2017, 11:05:42 PM1/11/17
to SF2G, gri...@gmail.com, cordel...@gmail.com, hyan...@gmail.com
+1 assuming stuff's opened back up

Yvonne Yip

Jan 12, 2017, 12:02:11 AM1/12/17
to Cordelia Link, SF2G, Robert Griesmeyer, Hyan Park
+likely

Hyan Park

Jan 12, 2017, 12:09:16 PM1/12/17
to Alexandre Passos, SF2G, Cordelia Link
+likely

Brian Gerke

Jan 12, 2017, 3:28:21 PM1/12/17
to hyan...@gmail.com, Alexandre Passos, SF2G, Cordelia Link

Alexandre Passos

Jan 12, 2017, 3:29:04 PM1/12/17
to Brian Gerke, Hyan, SF2G, Cordelia Link
Thankfully it's not on this route :-)
--
 - Alexandre

Dan Sully

Jan 12, 2017, 3:39:01 PM1/12/17
to Alexandre Passos, SF2G, Cordelia Link, hyan...@gmail.com
+ Maybe

--dan

Viet-Trung Luu

Jan 12, 2017, 3:45:25 PM1/12/17
to Brian Gerke, Hyan Park, Alexandre Passos, SF2G, Cordelia Link
Whoa, it's Brian. Aren't you a fan of Morgan Territory? Clearly you should join (assuming it's passable).

Nathan Davis

Jan 12, 2017, 4:23:57 PM1/12/17
to Brian Gerke, Hyan Park, Alexandre Passos, SF2G, Cordelia Link
Guardrail is still in place, doesn't that make it a feature?

-- Nathan

Wenqi Shao

Jan 13, 2017, 6:21:33 PM1/13/17
to SF2G, cordel...@gmail.com, hyan...@gmail.com
ooh this sounds fun, maybe it's time i got back on a bike :-D +0.5

R Samuel Klatchko

Jan 13, 2017, 9:22:55 PM1/13/17
to SF2G, cordel...@gmail.com, hyan...@gmail.com
+something

I found this report saying they're planning on reopening Marsh Creek and Morgan Territory as of 5PM today.

Mark Kahn

Nathan Davis

Jan 13, 2017, 10:00:53 PM1/13/17
to Mark Kahn, Alexandre Passos, Hyan Park, brian...@gmail.com, SF2G, cordel...@gmail.com
If I can source new tires and exponge enough lactic acid from my legs before then, I'm in.

-- Nathan

Thomas Roessler

Jan 14, 2017, 7:42:34 PM1/14/17
to nad...@google.com, Mark Kahn, Alexandre Passos, Hyan Park, brian...@gmail.com, SF2G, Cordelia Link
+likely

Fat, slow, etc.

Thomas Roessler  (@roessler)

Alexandre Passos

Jan 14, 2017, 8:42:31 PM1/14/17
to Thomas Roessler, Nathan Davis, Mark Kahn, Hyan Park, Brian Gerke, SF2G, Cordelia Link
FYI as of yesterday morgan territory and palomares and niles canyon are all open, so this ride is good to go.
--
 - Alexandre

Viet-Trung Luu

Jan 14, 2017, 10:09:45 PM1/14/17
to Alexandre Passos, Thomas Roessler, Nathan Davis, Mark Kahn, Hyan Park, Brian Gerke, SF2G, Cordelia Link
+1 from 24th St. Mission (8:31)

Beckett Madden-Woods

Jan 14, 2017, 10:12:26 PM1/14/17
to viettr...@gmail.com, Alexandre Passos, Thomas Roessler, Nathan Davis, Mark Kahn, Hyan Park, Brian Gerke, SF2G, Cordelia Link
+1 if I wake up early enough.

Hyan Park

Jan 15, 2017, 10:53:26 AM1/15/17
to Chris Fell, SF2G, cordel...@gmail.com
-1 need more sleep
On Sat, Jan 14, 2017 at 9:57 PM Chris Fell <ufe...@gmail.com> wrote:
+1

Beckett Madden-Woods

Jan 15, 2017, 6:29:20 PM1/15/17
to hyan...@gmail.com, Chris Fell, SF2G, cordel...@gmail.com

Benders!

Chris Fell

Jan 17, 2017, 12:38:20 PM1/17/17
to SF2G, cordel...@gmail.com, hyan...@gmail.com
+1

Robert Griesmeyer

Jan 17, 2017, 6:24:12 PM1/17/17
to bec...@beckettmw.com, hyan...@gmail.com, Chris Fell, SF2G, cordel...@gmail.com
How was it?

Benders!

Robert Griesmeyer
LinkedIn profile
(954)-682-9562

Alexandre Passos

Jan 17, 2017, 6:26:26 PM1/17/17
to Robert Griesmeyer, Beckett Madden-Woods, Hyan, Chris Fell, SF2G, Cordelia Link
Shortened because it was cold and foggy and miserable up the hill. I've never seen such a large group bail out of a ride together before.
 - Alexandre

Robert Griesmeyer

Jan 17, 2017, 6:28:18 PM1/17/17
to Alexandre Passos, Beckett Madden-Woods, Hyan, Chris Fell, SF2G, Cordelia Link
I can't imagine being on a bike and miserable at the same time.