Sat 3/7 East Bay Ride 8:53am 16th+Mission Bart to Rockridge

Zoe Hoster

Mar 4, 2015, 12:32:50 AM3/4/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
Rockridge -> Tunnel -> Skyline -> Pinehurst -> St Mary's Rd -> Reliez Valley Rd -> Alhambra Valley Rd -> Bear Creek Rd -> Wildcat Canyon Rd. 50 mi, 4700 ft

Something like this: http://www.strava.com/activities/97364066

Bart leaves 16th at 8:53, arrives Rockridge 9:20. I'll get on at Montgomery at 8:58.

Ending back in Rockridge at Barclays Pub.

Alexandre Passos

Mar 4, 2015, 12:37:20 AM3/4/15
to Zoe Hoster, SF2G
+1!

---

 - Alexandre

Georgia Andrews

Mar 4, 2015, 1:06:01 AM3/4/15
to Alexandre Passos, Zoe Hoster, SF2G
+1, I'll bring the advil.
Women Who Code San Francisco City Director

Jacky Schuler

Mar 4, 2015, 1:08:25 AM3/4/15
to Georgia Andrews, Alexandre Passos, Zoe Hoster, SF2G
Yay Barclays, I love that place!

Alexandre Passos

Mar 5, 2015, 10:58:54 PM3/5/15
to Jacky Schuler, Georgia Andrews, Zoe Hoster, SF2G
This is the route I'll add to my garmin: https://www.strava.com/routes/1525779 (strava was weird about making a route out of that ride so I manually copied it over, with hopfully not too many differences).
--
 - Alexandre

R Samuel Klatchko

Mar 6, 2015, 4:52:27 PM3/6/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com, jackys...@gmail.com, and.ge...@gmail.com, zoe.h...@gmail.com
+1

Also, here' a tweak to Alexander's route (a nicer way to get to Tunnel): https://www.strava.com/routes/1529921

Cordelia Link

Mar 6, 2015, 7:43:47 PM3/6/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com, jackys...@gmail.com, and.ge...@gmail.com, zoe.h...@gmail.com
+1

Stefan

Mar 6, 2015, 11:09:15 PM3/6/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
Damn, can't make this one due to a previous commitment, but nice call Zoe. Even though I live in the east bay, there are a few roads on the route that I have yet to go on.
Please call again sometime.

-Stefan

Faye

Mar 7, 2015, 12:25:39 AM3/7/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
That tweak is no longer as nice as it was due to Evil Safeway + construction on Ashby/Tunnel now M-F 9h-21h.  They wont be constructing tomorrow but the lanes may still be a bit messed up.  A good way to tunnel these days is up Chabot, then right on golden gate (both of those are newly re-paved) and right on Broadway.

Watch out, y'all, your SF-living days may be numbered.  My Oakland move started with bike rides on this and many other routes, and that got me hooked.  I didn't even know how awesome the gastronomic options are here until after I moved :)

R Samuel Klatchko

Mar 7, 2015, 12:55:24 AM3/7/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
Faye- thanks so much for the info. I've updated my route (https://www.strava.com/routes/1529921) to follow that variation.

Stefan

Mar 7, 2015, 1:24:42 AM3/7/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
"My Oakland move started with bike rides on this and many other routes, and that got me hooked. I didn't even know how awesome the gastronomic options are here until after I moved"

Indeed...

djconnel

Mar 7, 2015, 8:51:01 AM3/7/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
I wish I could join you! (Hiking at Redwood Park, which is also excellent). It seems the Rockridge area is getting Millenium, supporting Faye's point.

A few comments:

The Strava routes include two minor deviations onto bike trail which are a bit silly, especially the first off St Mary's.

Also depending on how much you want to go to Barclays BART also supports point to point, returning from Berkeley BART. The connection at Macarthur station tends to be very efficient. There's several really good lunch options on Euclid near Hearst, for example.

George Lumpkin

Mar 7, 2015, 10:23:33 AM3/7/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com

+1

A chance that I'll bail at out at Concord depending on how we are doing time-wise.

Which car on Bart? Boarding at Civic Center.

Alexandre Passos

Mar 7, 2015, 10:24:24 AM3/7/15
to george....@gmail.com, SF2G
Rearmost car.

---

 - Alexandre

Yvonne Yip

Mar 7, 2015, 11:00:43 AM3/7/15
to alexan...@gmail.com, george....@gmail.com, SF2G
Late +1

Zoe Hoster

Mar 7, 2015, 11:58:19 AM3/7/15
to yky...@gmail.com, alexan...@gmail.com, george....@gmail.com, SF2G
Getting on at emb

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "SF2G" group.

Zoe Hoster

Mar 7, 2015, 11:59:43 AM3/7/15
to djco...@gmail.com, sf...@googlegroups.com

> There's several really good lunch options on Euclid near Hearst, for example.

True but do they serve mac n cheese eggs benedict?? :)

Beckett Madden-Woods

Mar 7, 2015, 12:03:06 PM3/7/15
to Zoe Hoster, Dan Connelly, SF2G

+1

On Mar 7, 2015 8:59 AM, "Zoe Hoster" <zoe.h...@gmail.com> wrote:

> There's several really good lunch options on Euclid near Hearst, for example.

True but do they serve mac n cheese eggs benedict?? :)

Alexandre Passos

Mar 7, 2015, 8:03:52 PM3/7/15
to bec...@beckettmw.com, Zoe Hoster, Dan Connelly, SF2G
I'm very sorry to say that the mac&cheese benedict was a special which didn't happen today. Food and beer were still pretty good, though.

Good ride, folks!
--
 - Alexandre

Georgia Andrews

Mar 7, 2015, 8:03:56 PM3/7/15
to Beckett Madden-Woods, Zoe Hoster, Dan Connelly, SF2G
FOR THE RECORD, if mac & cheese benedict was one of the attractions of Barclays, it was not on the menu.

Beautiful ride, Faye is right about the rides drawing you in...

Zoe Hoster

Mar 7, 2015, 10:05:00 PM3/7/15
to Georgia Andrews, Beckett Madden-Woods, Dan Connelly, SF2G
Yeah bummer on the mac n cheese benedict.

Update: a woman found me on twitter to say that she found my wallet (ziplock baggie)! People are amazing. And now I don't need to go to the DMV! Thanks all for covering my food/beer, and Beckett for the Bart ticket.
--
Zoë Hoster

faye steiner

Mar 8, 2015, 3:24:37 AM3/8/15
to zoe.h...@gmail.com, Georgia Andrews, Beckett Madden-Woods, Dan Connelly, SF2G
Great news- you were so calm about the loss!
Coincidentally, I was just served mac and cheese pizza for dinner- who knew that that existed!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "SF2G" group.

djconnel

Mar 8, 2015, 11:54:42 AM3/8/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
Nice job a on the ride. My hike in Redwood Park was amazing (Bay Area hiker compares it to Muir Woods without the crowds), but I wish I could have done both (although I was exceptionally tired after the relatively short hike...still feeling the effects of the 200 miles last Saturday, with a few challenging runs the past week).

I noticed you descended Spruce instead of Euclid... Other than that it seems the navigation was perfect.

Mac and cheese pizza??? Oh, my.

Beckett Madden-Woods

Mar 8, 2015, 1:40:46 PM3/8/15
to Dan Connelly, SF2G