OT-ish: Spring classic roll call

Alexandre Passos

Apr 24, 2017, 12:32:40 PM4/24/17
to SF2G, team...@googlegroups.com
Saturday is the superpro spring classic. Who's in?

It's a "road" ride (I'm probably bringing the geared road bike out of retirement for this one) and the route isn't out yet but the description sounds pretty awesome. The full route is 110 miles with 6200ft up and 6900ft down (and the short course is 75mi with 2k up and 5.5k feet down, which sounds pretty amazing). It's supposed to be remote (there's a river crossing) but mostly paved (14m of dirt road, not singletrack or anything gnarly).

I'm doing the full course.
--
 - Alexandre

Peter Chang

Apr 24, 2017, 12:46:34 PM4/24/17
to team...@googlegroups.com, SF2G
i signed up for volunteering.

\p

Justin!

Apr 24, 2017, 1:06:39 PM4/24/17
to SF2G
I did the Express two years ago and had a great time. Can't make it this year. Had one weird detour where apparently someone (annoyed local?) flipped one of the arrows. It's better to have the route programmed into your device if you can.

Peter Chang

Apr 26, 2017, 3:09:41 PM4/26/17
to team...@googlegroups.com, SF2G
so the bus part of the adventure starts at the same place as last
year's so i could eitehr drive down friday and hang w/ the volunteers
or saturday morning (google says it's <2hr away). four bike spots but
it might be a squeeze to carry that many plus me (w/o a bike).

\p

Andrew Ballantyne

Apr 26, 2017, 10:39:37 PM4/26/17
to SF2G, team...@googlegroups.com
+1

I could miss the Spring Classic, I am heading late Friday if anyone needs a lift.

-Andrew

Alexandre Passos

Apr 27, 2017, 10:49:07 PM4/27/17
to Andrew Ballantyne, SF2G, team...@googlegroups.com
Just looked at the course (it says "do not share" so message me in private if you want to see it) and it looks amazing. Enough so that I won't bother with gears. The short course starts with something like 60mi of lazy downhill broken up by very few rollers (then there's a 1k ft climb, followed by moar descent). The long course climbs for a few miles to get there.

---

 - Alexandre

Peter Colijn

Apr 28, 2017, 2:10:19 PM4/28/17
to team...@googlegroups.com, Andrew Ballantyne, SF2G
Hah, the route includes a lot of the stuff I rode to come home from the gravel rides. That area is pretty, and very remote. While it's "all downhill" (at least in Murphy-speak) headwinds could be tough.

Christine Ryan

Apr 28, 2017, 6:05:33 PM4/28/17
to team...@googlegroups.com, Andrew Ballantyne, SF2G
So, does that mean that for you, this weekend will be "Ride to the Ride that was already a Ride to a Ride...and then Ride Back"?

Hope to see you all there...I believe I'll be working CPs 1 and 3!

Peter Colijn

Apr 28, 2017, 6:10:38 PM4/28/17
to team...@googlegroups.com, Andrew Ballantyne, SF2G
Not riding to this one.. need to be back in SF Saturday evening. Also, I'd kinda like to start May in a not-completely-destroyed state.

Christine Ryan

Apr 28, 2017, 6:18:59 PM4/28/17
to team...@googlegroups.com, Andrew Ballantyne, SF2G
Makes sense, though I was kinda looking forward to that ride title!

On Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 12:09:41 PM UTC-7, Peter Chang wrote:
so the bus part of the adventure starts at the same place as last
year's so i could eitehr drive down friday and hang w/ the volunteers
or saturday morning (google says it's <2hr away). four bike spots but
it might be a squeeze to carry that many plus me (w/o a bike).

\p

---

 - Alexandre

Sent from Gmail Mobile