OT: yet another new bike lock...

Christine Ryan

Nov 18, 2015, 10:14:56 AM11/18/15
to SF2G
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grasp/grasp-quick-release-bike-lock-with-fingerprint-rec/description

Says it's from Waterloo, though the promo video was filmed here. I don't see any angle grinders in the  testing room...

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Patrick Kitto

Nov 18, 2015, 11:58:21 AM11/18/15
to crya...@gmail.com, SF2G
More solving of problems no one has...

I don't think many bike locks are 'picked'

I have never had a bike lock mechanism fail.

My iPhone only recognizes my fingerprint half the times I use that feature. It eventually gets there but it tells me to try again like three times. I'd love it if my bike lock did the same.

Reaching over your bike so inconvenient.

::grumble, grumble, kids these days::
---

Peter Colijn

Nov 18, 2015, 2:46:50 PM11/18/15
to Patrick Kitto, Christine Ryan, SF2G
Oh great, now I can leave the bar and find out my _lock_ died and I need to go find some frikkin AAA batteries before I can go home... Just what I always wanted!

Darrin Ward

Nov 18, 2015, 3:09:15 PM11/18/15
to Peter Colijn, Patrick Kitto, Christine Ryan, SF2G
how hard would it be to hack the app to add a fingerprint or you know use the bluetooth connection to maliciously unlock the lock?

Ted Ketai

Nov 18, 2015, 3:47:46 PM11/18/15
to Darrin Ward, Peter Colijn, Patrick Kitto, Christine Ryan, SF2G
It also appears that the locking mechanism is in the handle region whereas it opens opposite that in the 'u' area, meaning this will be far more susceptible to car-jack attack.

Ken MacInnis

Nov 18, 2015, 3:55:10 PM11/18/15
to Peter Colijn, dmw...@gmail.com, Christine Ryan, Patrick Kitto, SF2G
Scotch tape transfer a fingerprint from an unattended beer glass, et voila.