OT: route help // avoiding warriors ground zero -- 16th and Illinois

Jed 'twothirds' Michnowicz

Jun 19, 2017, 10:14:12 PM6/19/17
to SF2G
Hoping you can help a reverse commuter....

My morning bike commute to work normally takes me through the Dog Patch headed North on Illinois with a left on 16th street to cross into SOMA.  This is ground zero for the new arena construction and the roads are constantly flooded with water and construction vehicles often cause delays.  Any suggested detours to get to 7th and townsend?

Looks like Mariposa is an option, but I’m not sure how bike friendly the road is.

Many thanks!

~jed

Elliot Schwartz

Jun 19, 2017, 11:31:26 PM6/19/17
to jmi...@gmail.com, SF2G
You could do Mariposa to 4th (passable by bike) to 16th...

---

Bret Lobree

Jun 19, 2017, 11:48:56 PM6/19/17
to elliot....@gmail.com, jmi...@gmail.com, SF2G
Depends on where you're coming from. Plenty of options. mariposa to Mississippi is fine. Could take the right through the hospital then left on 16th. Or you could jog over on 3rd too. 3rds fine for riding.

1T

---

Jed 'twothirds' Michnowicz

Jun 21, 2017, 12:35:38 AM6/21/17
to SF2G, elliot....@gmail.com, jmi...@gmail.com
Did mariposa today and was not an issue.  But, construction mess is starting a few block earlier.  Will need to detour earlier.  Sad!

Thanks for the advice.

~jed