OT: post-btwm PARTY and SF2G T-SHIRTS

Peter Colijn

May 20, 2015, 8:23:14 PM5/20/15
to SF2G
tl;dr: PARTY - June 7, 1800 - 77 Anderson - with all-new SF2G T-SHIRTS [1]!

Esteemed bicycle-pedallers (and peddlers),

The month of May is (mercifully) approaching its end. Our partycar teams have been ruthlessly deploying their strategies of shock, awe, grit and determination. We know not whether we will win, but we know with certainty (aka for sure) that we will have fought a fierce (aka epic) battle.

When the dust settles, we must convene to commemorate our efforts and raise a glass to all those who sacrificed their legs, sanity, weekends and sleep.

To that end: PARTY time!

When: June 7, 1800
Where: 77 Anderson Street
Who: you, your +1(s)/kid(s)/pooch(es)
What: food, drink and T-SHIRTS!

Please +1 (or +n) if you're coming so we know roughly how much food we need. If we get a quorum there will be a keg, perhaps Sculpin if we can find it...

[1] more details about t-shirts will be coming...

Alexandre Passos

May 20, 2015, 10:11:28 PM5/20/15
to Peter Colijn, SF2G
+1! Would love a keg of sculpin

---

 - Alexandre

Caitlin Johnson

May 20, 2015, 11:12:30 PM5/20/15
to Alexandre Passos, Peter Colijn, SF2G
+1

Also, a keg of Sculpin sounds amazing

Philipp von Weitershausen

May 20, 2015, 11:14:16 PM5/20/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
+2

Marcelo V.

May 20, 2015, 11:42:50 PM5/20/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
+2 will probably bring something solid and something beer to chip in.

Scott Crosby

May 21, 2015, 12:11:23 AM5/21/15
to van...@gmail.com, sf...@googlegroups.com, Eric Altendorf
Mike's Liquor in Excelsior has or can order Sculpin kegs in 5 or 15.5 gal. Probably not habañero or grapefruit sculpin tho.

But if you're gonna order, I'd try to get Grunion, imho their best beer, an APA with exquisite hopness.

Mike's has a tremendous keg selection on hand too.

Shirts! Cool. Eric and I talked about doing those for years.

And +2

Alan Antonuk

May 21, 2015, 1:35:36 AM5/21/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com, erical...@gmail.com, van...@gmail.com
I've also sourced Sculpin IPA in the form of a 5 gal Keg from BevMo before.

-Alan
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to sf2g+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Maciek Wojciechowski

May 21, 2015, 1:40:01 AM5/21/15
to alan.a...@gmail.com, sf...@googlegroups.com, erical...@gmail.com, van...@gmail.com

+2

---

Chris Merrill

May 21, 2015, 2:20:40 AM5/21/15
to maciekwoj...@gmail.com, alan.a...@gmail.com, sf...@googlegroups.com, erical...@gmail.com, van...@gmail.com
+2

Georgia Andrews

May 21, 2015, 9:42:05 AM5/21/15
to Chris Merrill, Maciek Wojciechowski, alan.a...@gmail.com, sf...@googlegroups.com, Eric Altendorf, Marcelo Vanzin
+1
Women Who Code San Francisco City Director

Ted Ketai

May 21, 2015, 10:43:38 AM5/21/15
to Georgia A, Alan Antonuk, Christopher Merrill, Eric Altendorf, Marcelo Vanzin, sf...@googlegroups.com, Maciek Wojciechowski

+1.5

Christine Ryan

May 21, 2015, 12:34:13 PM5/21/15
to Ted Ketai, Georgia A, Alan Antonuk, Christopher Merrill, Eric Altendorf, Marcelo Vanzin, sf...@googlegroups.com, Maciek Wojciechowski
+1!

Jason Terk

May 21, 2015, 12:42:18 PM5/21/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
+2 (+2 kids) with foodz and drinkz.

--
Jason Terk

Mark Kahn

May 21, 2015, 2:12:54 PM5/21/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
+2 (with desserts in tow)

Faye

May 21, 2015, 5:47:44 PM5/21/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
+1 (hopefully... will be just getting back into town and post over-night shift all  in the previous 24 hours).

Can;t wait to see/ hear more about the t-shirts, and also can't wait to see old SF2G friends (esp. certain Bernalians whose names begin with S, you better be there!)

Eyal Guthmann

May 21, 2015, 5:49:46 PM5/21/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
+2

Patrick Lea

May 21, 2015, 6:17:55 PM5/21/15
to sf2g
+1 hopefully with dessert in tow.

Jeffrey Skokan

May 30, 2015, 11:04:32 PM5/30/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
+2

Ramesh G

May 31, 2015, 8:19:15 AM5/31/15
to jsk...@gmail.com, sf...@googlegroups.com
+0.5

Finally I got a drivers license and I will be driving back from LA on that day after finishing my ALC ride. I will be driving down Hwy 1 coast the whole way and hopefully I will make it back to SF on time for this...

Ramesh
Sent from my iPhone

On May 30, 2015, at 8:04 PM, Jeffrey Skokan <jsk...@gmail.com> wrote:

+2

djconnel

May 31, 2015, 9:34:24 AM5/31/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com, jsk...@gmail.com
Be careful!   If you get tired, please find a place to sleep and forget about the party.  Someone will save you a shirt.

Peter Colijn

May 31, 2015, 11:37:19 AM5/31/15
to djco...@gmail.com, SF2G, Jeffrey Skokan

The shirts at the party will only be for trying on. We'll do a big group order after the party once folks know what size they want.

And yes, please drive carefully on the way back from ALC Ramesh. Hope you have a great time on the ride!

Patrick Kitto

May 31, 2015, 12:02:21 PM5/31/15
to djco...@gmail.com, sf...@googlegroups.com, jsk...@gmail.com
Or forget highway 1 and save yourself several hours of drive time.

Scott Johnston

May 31, 2015, 12:47:23 PM5/31/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com, jsk...@gmail.com, djco...@gmail.com
+1,
will bring something that seems lacking (fruit?).

-Scott

Alan Antonuk

May 31, 2015, 8:32:34 PM5/31/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
+1

I saw quite a number of riders doing the AIDS ride on my way down to Pescadero today. Beautiful weather for it.

aamir ali

Jun 1, 2015, 7:28:30 PM6/1/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
+0.5, have a paddling race that day in Alameda. Hopefully can come in later in the party to say hi and try out the T-shirts.

Thanks again for organizing Peter!

Lorne Kligerman

Jun 1, 2015, 7:31:14 PM6/1/15
to aamir ali, SF2G
Bummed I'll be out of town riding the Tahoe century with a friend.  Super excited for the shirts though!!

Marcelo V.

Jun 3, 2015, 9:02:52 PM6/3/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
-2, something showed up. Y'all have fun there.

Hyan

Jun 3, 2015, 10:19:47 PM6/3/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
+1!

R Samuel Klatchko

Jun 4, 2015, 5:05:44 PM6/4/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
+1 with Marzipan & dark chocolate chip banana bread.

Lina Mårtensson

Viet-Trung Luu

Jun 4, 2015, 6:05:04 PM6/4/15
to Peter Colijn, SF2G
+1

djconnel

Jun 5, 2015, 12:19:29 AM6/5/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com, caff...@colijn.ca
+2 hopefully

Stefan

Jun 5, 2015, 12:58:21 AM6/5/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
Also +2 hopefully

Patrick Kitto

Jun 5, 2015, 10:47:45 PM6/5/15
to caff...@colijn.ca, SF2G
What's the over/under on the time the keg kicks?

matthew kenaston

Jun 5, 2015, 11:39:12 PM6/5/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
+3 (two kiddos) but ... I'm getting kinda good at -1ing and won't be drinking so I'm not sure if I even count

Peter Colijn

Jun 6, 2015, 1:14:32 AM6/6/15
to Patrick Kitto, SF2G

I dunno, maybe 10pm ish? BTW, there will be people attending of a............................ more 'moderate' inclination towards cycling and bikes :)

Patrick Kitto

Jun 6, 2015, 1:36:04 AM6/6/15
to Peter Colijn, SF2G
I'll take the under on that. And see what i can do to help achieve it.

Eyal Guthmann

Jun 6, 2015, 2:00:38 AM6/6/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
downgrading to +2*0.5 may come late if SO is up to it after driving back to the city sunday afternoon.

Nathan Dushman

Jun 6, 2015, 1:18:22 PM6/6/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
+2.5 (2 adults, 1 baby) around 8pm for a brief stay assuming Delta, BART, and the baby all cooperate.

Nathan

Christine Windsor

Jun 6, 2015, 10:09:32 PM6/6/15
to Nathan Dushman, SF2G

The menu plan is for make your own personal pizzas. We will have dough, sauce, mozzarella, and veggie toppings. Feel free to bring your favourite toppings for yourself or to share, especially if you want meat toppings.
I'm excited to see you all.

On Jun 6, 2015 10:18 AM, "Nathan Dushman" <n...@abtech.org> wrote:
+2.5 (2 adults, 1 baby) around 8pm for a brief stay assuming Delta, BART, and the baby all cooperate.

Nathan

Maciek Wojciechowski

Jun 6, 2015, 10:13:08 PM6/6/15
to chri...@colijn.ca, Nathan Dushman, SF2G

Ben Breslauer

stnvsa

Jun 7, 2015, 5:29:37 PM6/7/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
+1, with bread (because bread goes with pizza, right?).

-s

Lina Mårtensson

Jun 7, 2015, 7:20:15 PM6/7/15
to Peter Colijn, SF2G
-1 :(

faye steiner

Jun 7, 2015, 7:44:34 PM6/7/15
to Lina Mårtensson, Peter Colijn, SF2G
I know this is politically incorrect and I may get cyber-lynched, but is anyone driving to or from the East Bay (Oakland-ish) who could maybe give me a ride?  I'm exhausted from travel + late night in the emergency room and it would greatly enhance my ability to attend :)  Cell is 201 566 2269

-1 :(
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "SF2G" group.

Dan Sully

Jun 7, 2015, 7:52:15 PM6/7/15
to faye.s...@gmail.com, Lina Mårtensson, Peter Colijn, SF2G
Hi Faye - I can give you a ride.

--dan

<dsully> please describe web 2.0 to me in 2 sentences or less.
<jwb> you make all the content. they keep all the revenue.

Ramesh G

Jun 7, 2015, 8:09:10 PM6/7/15
to patric...@gmail.com, djco...@gmail.com, sf...@googlegroups.com, jsk...@gmail.com

On May 31, 2015, at 9:02 AM, Patrick Kitto <patric...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Or forget highway 1 and save yourself several hours of drive time.

+1

Upgrading! Oh man, I thought 101 and Hwy 1 are the only two routes to drive from LA to SF but I just discovered about Interstate 5 further east. It was super fast and it's only a 5 hour drive from LA, although no scenery on my road trip so far. Just passed King City, will be there by 7ish...

R Samuel Klatchko

Jun 7, 2015, 8:18:01 PM6/7/15
to rames...@gmail.com, patric...@gmail.com, djco...@gmail.com, sf...@googlegroups.com, jsk...@gmail.com
Ramesh-

Are you on 5 or 101 (asking because the only King City I know of is on 101).

Anyway, if you're on 5, I recommend cutting over on 152, then 101 -> 85 -> 280. Basically the same time as driving 5 -> 580 but Pacheco pass is really beautiful and you also skip the Bay Bridge which will save time if it's backed up.

Ramesh G

Jun 7, 2015, 8:29:27 PM6/7/15
to R Samuel Klatchko, patric...@gmail.com, djco...@gmail.com, sf...@googlegroups.com, jsk...@gmail.com
On Jun 7, 2015, at 5:17 PM, R Samuel Klatchko <r...@moocat.org> wrote:

> Are you on 5 or 101 (asking because the only King City I know of is on 101).
>
> Anyway, if you're on 5, I recommend cutting over on 152, then 101 -> 85 -> 280. Basically the same time as driving 5 -> 580 but Pacheco pass is really beautiful and you also skip the Bay Bridge which will save time if it's backed up.

I'm on 5, I meant to say I just crossed a small town that was parallel to King City on 5. Yes, Apple Maps told me to cut through 152 and take 101 to avoid Bay Bridge and I am doing the same.

Forget about this cycling thingy, driving is 10x more fun!!! :D

Alan Antonuk

Jun 7, 2015, 8:33:33 PM6/7/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com, r...@moocat.org, djco...@gmail.com, jsk...@gmail.com, patric...@gmail.com
I probably shouldn't say this, but you should try a motorcycle.

Mark Kahn

Jun 8, 2015, 12:09:00 AM6/8/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
Peter/Christine - thanks for hosting tonight...great party and t-shirts look awesome!  Have a fantastic trip!

Stefan

Jun 8, 2015, 12:37:59 AM6/8/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
+1 to that

faye steiner

Jun 8, 2015, 12:57:27 AM6/8/15
to stef...@gmail.com, SF2G
Thank you so much, Peter and Christine for hosting, especially on the eve of your trip!  So great to see you and as always a great party.  I hope the clean up is not too bad (sorry, I really should have stayed to help, but I am suddenly turning into a sleepy pumpkin) and you can pack fast in the morning :)

So great to see so many other familiar and new faces!

And I was so busy eating Kahnfections (inter alia) that I forgot to check out the t-shirts!

On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 12:37 AM, Stefan <stef...@gmail.com> wrote:
+1 to that

Beckett Madden-Woods

Jun 8, 2015, 1:11:59 AM6/8/15
to Peter Colijn, SF2G
Wonderful party, *thank you*. Bon voyage tomorrow!!

djconnel

Jun 8, 2015, 10:07:47 AM6/8/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com, caff...@colijn.ca
Yes -- thanks for another amazing party, and have a wonderful time in France!!!!  It's virtually unavoidable, however.

The shirts are sized smaller than many circa 2015.  A small fit me but snugly.  A medium was better.  Smalls used to be too small for me but now generally fit or are even loose, and I'm no smaller than then (a few lb heavier actually).  But these (American Apparel) were on the small extreme of present sizes, I found.  So err larger.

Dan

Dan Sully

Jun 8, 2015, 10:30:58 AM6/8/15
to djco...@gmail.com, sf...@googlegroups.com, caff...@colijn.ca
The shirts are also 100% cotton, and didn't say pre-shrunk on them. I'm also getting a medium for the same reason.

--dan

<dsully> please describe web 2.0 to me in 2 sentences or less.
<jwb> you make all the content. they keep all the revenue.

Chris Ryan

Jun 8, 2015, 10:36:02 AM6/8/15
to dan...@electricrain.com, djco...@gmail.com, sf...@googlegroups.com, caff...@colijn.ca
Yes, thanks, Peter and Christine! (And to everyone else who brought replacement calories!)

aamir ali

Jun 8, 2015, 11:42:29 AM6/8/15
to Christine Ryan, dan...@electricrain.com, djco...@gmail.com, sf...@googlegroups.com, caff...@colijn.ca
Seems like a great party, as expected, bummed to have missed it, was too tired after the race yesterday. Will there be photos of the new T shirt put up? Also, looks like the recommendation is to order a size up compared to usual size?

Peter Chang

Jun 8, 2015, 12:55:40 PM6/8/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com

On Sunday, June 7, 2015 at 9:09:00 PM UTC-7, Mark Kahn wrote:
Peter/Christine - thanks for hosting tonight...great party and t-shirts look awesome!  Have a fantastic trip!

+n

stnvsa

Jun 9, 2015, 6:45:01 PM6/9/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
On Thursday, May 21, 2015 at 12:23:14 AM UTC, Peter Colijn wrote:
tl;dr: PARTY - June 7, 1800 - 77 Anderson - with all-new SF2G T-SHIRTS [1]!

Thanks, Christine and Peter, for a most excellent party. Looking forward to hearing all about Ventoux and all the rest.

And a hearty congrats to Christine, Cordelia, PfC, Colijny, and Jeffrey for their truly incredible effort to win TBC. Just amazing. Well done!!

-s

Scott Crosby

Jun 10, 2015, 1:32:07 PM6/10/15
to stn...@gmail.com, sf...@googlegroups.com
And thanks for all the Kahnfections and Klatchkonfections, delicious! still not thru all the end-of-party bounty.

How did the sculpin taste for breakfast?

Jacky Schuler

Jun 10, 2015, 6:41:10 PM6/10/15
to Scott Crosby, stn...@gmail.com, sf...@googlegroups.com
I'm sadface that I couldn't get down there for this. I do want to get a t-shirt though! What's the verdict on the sizing and how do I order one?

-- Jacky

Bike Zambia just wasn't in the cards for me this year but my good friend Chrissy is riding! If you can support her with a donation, please do! Every penny counts! Here's her donation link: https://www.classy.org/fundraise?fcid=412463.

djconnel

Jun 10, 2015, 9:12:09 PM6/10/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
I tried on the women's small by accident and it was extremely small on me. The style was similar to a men's shirt except perhaps cut with some more room where needed. It wasn't a low neck cut like you often see now for women. The men's small was snug on me and many modern smalls are much looser. It was like some extra smells. So err up on the size.

The shirts were American apparel which is good quality and peter did an excellent job on the design, consistent with ramesh's jersey except with the sticker design on the front and routes listed on the back. I'm definitely getting one (medium).

Peter Colijn

Jun 11, 2015, 5:56:34 AM6/11/15
to Dan Connelly, SF2G
The front is the sf2g shield and the back is text that says "Skip the traffic. Skip the gym. Add joy." The images attached are what was used to make the t-shirts.

I'll send out the order form in a minute.

Thanks to everyone who came to the party! It was definitely a fun night.

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 6:12 PM, djconnel <djco...@gmail.com> wrote:
I tried on the women's small by accident and it was extremely small on me. The style was similar to a men's shirt except perhaps cut with some more room where needed.  It wasn't a low neck cut like you often see now for women.  The men's small was snug on me and many modern smalls are much looser.  It was like some extra smells.  So err up on the size.

The shirts were American apparel which is good quality and peter did an excellent job on the design, consistent with ramesh's jersey except with the sticker design on the front and routes listed on the back.  I'm definitely getting one (medium).
sf2g_slogan.png
shield.png

Peter Colijn

Jun 11, 2015, 5:57:23 AM6/11/15
to Dan Connelly, SF2G

Christine Ryan

Jun 11, 2015, 6:03:46 AM6/11/15
to caff...@colijn.ca, Dan Connelly, SF2G
Thank you, Peter! So glad you used the motto/whatever on the back!

Jacky Schuler

Jun 11, 2015, 12:13:15 PM6/11/15
to Christine Ryan, caff...@colijn.ca, Dan Connelly, SF2G
Thanks Peter! That's awesome!

I think I have a couple American Apparel t-shirts and they are teeny-tiny! I think I wear a medium in those and I am normally a S or XS.

Hope to see you guys soon!

-- Jacky

Bike Zambia just wasn't in the cards for me this year but my good friend Chrissy is riding! If you can support her with a donation, please do! Every penny counts! Here's her donation link: https://www.classy.org/fundraise?fcid=412463.

serena

Jun 11, 2015, 2:38:18 PM6/11/15
to jackys...@gmail.com, Christine Ryan, caff...@colijn.ca, Dan Connelly, SF2G
Thanks for a lovely party, colijns!

Shirt sizing: fwiw, +2 seems to work for me for American apparel.

Georgia Andrews

Jun 11, 2015, 2:42:04 PM6/11/15
to Sefo Yo, jackys...@gmail.com, Christine Ryan, caff...@colijn.ca, Dan Connelly, SF2G
Yeah, I went with L, but strongly considered XL. The sizing around the stomach just seemed to go from slightly compressing to merely tight but still comfortable.
Women Who Code San Francisco City Director

Ramesh Brand

Jun 11, 2015, 3:39:21 PM6/11/15
to Georgia Andrews, Sefo Yo, jackys...@gmail.com, Christine Ryan, caff...@colijn.ca, Dan Connelly, SF2G

Thanks for organizing the party and thanks for the 5D1W HMBW finisher t-shirt Peter! I was flattered to receive it from you on Sunday, although I am not sure if I am qualified since I didn't participate in TBC this year :D

But I guess we both are the very first finishers of 5D1W HMBW in 2013 and this picture on top of Tunitas says it all :) #nostalgia

Ramesh

Nathan Davis

Jun 11, 2015, 3:44:43 PM6/11/15
to Ramesh Brand, Georgia Andrews, Sefo Yo, jackys...@gmail.com, Christine Ryan, caff...@colijn.ca, Dan Connelly, SF2G
I concur with the sizing suggestions. American apparel shirts are generally a bit more form fitting than other t-shirts of the same size in my opinion. I'm likely leaning towards and XL.

-- Nathan

-- Nathan

Peter Colijn

Jun 11, 2015, 6:15:49 PM6/11/15
to Nathan Davis, Ramesh Brand, Georgia Andrews, Sefo Yo, jackys...@gmail.com, Christine Ryan, Dan Connelly, SF2G
Pictures of the real product attached. (The text is the back, the shield is the front.)
sf2g_shirt_back.jpg
sf2g_shirt_front.jpg

faye steiner

Jun 11, 2015, 6:30:04 PM6/11/15
to Peter Colijn, Nathan Davis, Ramesh Brand, Georgia Andrews, Sefo Yo, jackys...@gmail.com, Christine Ryan, Dan Connelly, SF2G
Very nice!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "SF2G" group.