OT: Better Market Street community meetings

Jason Ally

Mar 9, 2018, 3:03:47 PM3/9/18
to SF2G
The Better Market Street Project team is having two community meetings in the coming days for public feedback on their latest design proposal:

Saturday, March 10, 2018
10:00am - Noon
UC Hastings School of Law
Alumni Reception Center
200 McAllister Street

Wednesday, March 14, 2018
6:00pm - 8:00pm
UC Hastings School of Law
Louis B. Mayer Lounge
198 McAllister Street

More details about the meetings and the projects are here: http://www.bettermarketstreetsf.org/your-part-events.html

I went to the project presentation at the SF Bike Coalition last week and really liked what the team is proposing. But...because San Francisco, could be a while before any of the plans become reality.

Zoe Hoster

Mar 13, 2018, 9:32:57 AM3/13/18
to SF2G
"public feedback on their latest design proposal" - lol. They've been getting public feedback on this project since 2011. I was on the community advisory committee in 2014. These guys aren't exactly in a rush.

Jason Ally

Mar 13, 2018, 1:04:49 PM3/13/18
to SF2G
Don't get your hopes up on things moving any faster. :) Earliest timetable for any construction is 2020 and that's assuming no hiccups with EIRs, no issues with getting funding from the state and from the feds, and so on.

But the 2020s are within our lifetimes, so there's that.

Alexandre Passos

Mar 13, 2018, 1:07:59 PM3/13/18
to Jason Ally, SF2G
Hey, it might still get done before the Crystal Springs bridge or the EPA bridge, so...

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 10:04 AM, Jason Ally <jason...@gmail.com> wrote:
Don't get your hopes up on things moving any faster. :) Earliest timetable for any construction is 2020 and that's assuming no hiccups with EIRs, no issues with getting funding from the state and from the feds, and so on.

But the 2020s are within our lifetimes, so there's that.

---

 - Alexandre