Tue 3/31 SEX 620 LSR Style 2.5

Cordelia Link

Mar 29, 2015, 4:51:39 PM3/29/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
Alemany/Lyell at 640. Equivalent to 630 RRR.

Aiming for 16.5 rolling. I'll probably do Portola Valley.

Regroups:
-top of Callan (at the jiffy lube)
-right before the second 280
-top of Crystal Springs at the end of SCT (this is the rest point)
-top of Polhemus
-(optional) behind Robert's market

Cordelia Link

Mar 29, 2015, 7:14:22 PM3/29/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
Oops I forgot about this path closure thing. Consider this on hold until I figure out what detour options are.

djconnel

Mar 29, 2015, 8:01:50 PM3/29/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
Recommend Hallmark-Crestview. Stay on Polhemus past bike path. It turns into Ralston. First major right is Hallmark (there's a minor right before) That's well paved rollers fo a barrier between abutting cul de sacs. Cross the barrier, climb a steep hill, ride a very scenic ridge, descend a steep fast and well paved descent to Edgewood, go right to Canada. Be careful on Edgewood: it's dangerous where it crosses 280, like most freeway interchanges. Alternates include going left at Edgewood to Alameda (traffic lights) or the Emerald Hills maze which is very nice but adds a lot of steep climbing.

It is slower but very worthwhile. Bunker is likely faster but Bunker has more extended steepness which makes it a considerable challenge.

Scott Johnston

Mar 29, 2015, 8:31:57 PM3/29/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
Or we could do dirty hipster sex #3... I hope to do that some day this week regardless.

-Scott

Christine Ryan

Mar 29, 2015, 9:48:27 PM3/29/15
to wamp...@gmail.com, SF2G
Hallmark/Crestview might actually be faster than the usual Ralston-bike-path-to-Cañada, depending on which way you go (and what your ultimate destination is). My fastest (or at least shortest, time-wise) Skylines have been via H/C—I go left on Edgewood and then right on whatever-it-is that leads to Canyon, Jefferson, and Alameda.

However, I go to Menlo Park not Mountain View. Colijn, iirc, you said you've also saved time, though, going this way?

---

djconnel

Mar 30, 2015, 11:47:05 AM3/30/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
The dirt option is cool. I've often wondered about that scenic viewpoint interchange when on 280 in a car. It's got to be the least utilized freeway overpass per dollar invested in the Bay Area. An artifact of when 280 was considered a scenic drive, the auto version of a popular hiking trail? I've never ridden it.

Chris Merrill

Mar 30, 2015, 12:47:35 PM3/30/15
to djco...@gmail.com, sf...@googlegroups.com
There was that discussion about Sheep Camp trail from a while back...

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 8:47 AM djconnel <djco...@gmail.com> wrote:
The dirt option is cool.  I've often wondered about that scenic viewpoint interchange when on 280 in a car.  It's got to be the least utilized freeway overpass per dollar invested in the Bay Area. An artifact of when 280 was considered a scenic drive, the auto version of a popular hiking trail?  I've never ridden it.

---

Peter Colijn

Mar 30, 2015, 1:15:59 PM3/30/15
to notspel...@gmail.com, Dan Connelly, SF2G
I can help navigate the H/C route if folks want tomorrow. Though I will be heading to Alameda after H/C, so it won't be convenient for doing Portola Valley.

Cordelia Link