OT: Bike rental that delivers

Bret Lobree

Sep 26, 2016, 4:33:52 PM9/26/16
to SF2G
Hey all,

A colleague of mine had a couple finds in town for W2W. They rented bikes from:

His friends were happy with the process and the bikes looked in pretty good shape.

I know people occasionally ask about renting. This seems like an OK option for a decent road bike. The deliver and pick up too. Looks like $79 for one day and $40/day after that.

Bret

Ben Kochie

Sep 26, 2016, 5:09:29 PM9/26/16
to Bret Lobree, SF2G
Another former SF2G friend of mine rented a bike from them while we were in town.  He also approved.

---

Clay Kunz

Sep 27, 2016, 2:41:08 PM9/27/16
to SF2G, blo...@gmail.com
It always surprises me how it can cost more to rent a bike for a day than it costs to rent a car.  And yet it's "bummer, dude" when a bike is stolen, and a felony to steal a car. Regardless of value in both cases.

Ryan Anderson

Sep 27, 2016, 3:57:28 PM9/27/16
to clayto...@gmail.com, SF2G, Bret Lobree
Well, it's a felony to steal most of our pricy bikes, too. Just not treated that way.

Ryan

Bruce Garretson

Sep 28, 2016, 12:06:00 AM9/28/16
to SF2G, blo...@gmail.com

On Tuesday, September 27, 2016 at 11:41:08 AM UTC-7, Clay Kunz wrote:
It always surprises me how it can cost more to rent a bike for a day than it costs to rent a car.  And yet it's "bummer, dude" when a bike is stolen, and a felony to steal a car. Regardless of value in both cases.
Just came back from Florida where all three shops quoted me $50 a day for poorly maintained road bikes. The car vs. bike price irony was not lost on me. Have bought a bike to stash there for that reason. It is a shame that the volume of business is not there to encourage competition and economies of scale. https://www.spinlister.com/ had even less offerings than the last time I was there.