OT: Robbery attempt of cyclist in Redwood City

Ben Breslauer

Oct 2, 2015, 1:38:14 PM10/2/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
Just an FYI, someone at work mentioned that they were assaulted and attempted to be robbed on Haven Ave in Redwood City, which is between the Wailing Wall and the Sun Sprint. Here's what he wrote:

---------------
This Tuesday I was attacked on Haven Ave around 8:30PM as I was
cycling back home from Google. It happened between Highway 84 and E
Bayshore Road.

A male, perhaps in his 20s, waited between two parked cars. I was
going by at around 15mph. As I approached, he took a really good swing
and threw in a kick scooter he had, aiming at my front wheel. Right
after he attempted to jump at me. Luckily, the scooter did not wedge
between my spokes, I managed to maintain momentum and he was too slow
to catch me. My front wheel now needs truing.