TBD: Welch Creek - Sierra - Mill Creek

djconnel

Oct 7, 2015, 12:44:14 PM10/7/15
to SF2G
Planning for a future Sunday (25 Oct, 8 Nov, or 15 Nov):

Lots of type II fun.

Polling for general interest.

Mill Creek I initially put on the route because I've not done it before but it's the Low-Key Hillclimb for 24 Oct.   This is a good opportunity for a carless Low-Key Hillclimb.  Page Mill Road is this Saturday and that would involve Millbway to Palo Alto to Page Mill for a carless option (but need to RSVP today because it will fill).

Jason Thorpe

Oct 7, 2015, 1:56:39 PM10/7/15
to djco...@gmail.com, SF2G
You are a sick, sick man, Dan.

---

-- thorpej

Nathan Davis

Oct 7, 2015, 3:02:15 PM10/7/15
to Jason Thorpe, Dan Connelly, SF2G
I'd be interested in this, I've been thinking about doing a low key hill climb. Not sure if I'd be style II though. I'll see how my fitness stands by then.

-- Nathan

Christine Ryan

Oct 7, 2015, 3:09:52 PM10/7/15
to Nathan Davis, Jason Thorpe, Dan Connelly, SF2G
Been meaning to ask, Dan: about the Purisima LKH (LKHC?)... I gather it's self-timed, but in my experience (and I have a 500 Edge, so, I admit, it's very much not state-of-the-art), I often don't match *any* of the segments on that climb. Once or twice, Strava support has been able to force some matches, but not always.

Any thoughts on this? Upgrading the Garmin isn't really an option right now, I'm afraid... have people had better luck w/ the iPhone app?

Brian Schuster

Oct 7, 2015, 5:50:49 PM10/7/15
to SF2G, nad...@google.com, tho...@me.com, djco...@gmail.com
I'm definitely interested in the ride Dan!

ammon

Oct 7, 2015, 6:05:57 PM10/7/15
to SF2G
Re: Mill Creek LKHC, after the climb I'm tempted to try a dirty cut thru Mission Peak to Calaveras like https://www.strava.com/activities/4232341 Anyone try it before? Might be a bit nuts on a road bike but I'm willing to hike a bit.