Marin Century Registration is Open!

David Goldsmith

Mar 19, 2015, 4:29:12 PM3/19/15
to SF2G
At https://marincentury.webconnex.com/2015

I signed up for the traditional century but might be interested in the
Mt. Tam Century if I can get some climbing in before then and if some
other folks are doing it.

Who else is in?

David

Jacky Schuler

Mar 19, 2015, 6:36:52 PM3/19/15
to d...@dgolds.com, SF2G
Still considering the double but the Shasta Super Century is the same weekend. Decisions, decisions...

David

Cordelia Link

Patrick Lea

Apr 1, 2015, 2:38:31 PM4/1/15
to Cordelia Link, sf2g, d...@dgolds.com
Just registered as well for the traditional century. I was thinking of the other two and then Skyline yesterday said that was a bad idea.

Cordelia Link

Apr 1, 2015, 4:06:51 PM4/1/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com, cordel...@gmail.com, d...@dgolds.com
The Marin Century is 4 months away, doing skyline a couple times a week between now and then seems like a good training program to me :)

Ted Lesher_

Apr 1, 2015, 4:09:39 PM4/1/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com, cordel...@gmail.com, d...@dgolds.com
Also just registered, thanks for the heads up!

David Goldsmith

Apr 1, 2015, 4:11:01 PM4/1/15
to Cordelia Link, sf...@googlegroups.com
You'll kick butt :-)

There's always a nice SF2G contingent at Marin Century, let's have it again this year (assuming SF2G alumni are welcome).

aamir ali

Apr 1, 2015, 5:09:49 PM4/1/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com, cordel...@gmail.com
I did the Traditional century last year with the SF2G crew it was a lot of fun. This year, I will probably do the Mt. Tam Century as a different challenge.

Jason Terk

Apr 1, 2015, 5:32:16 PM4/1/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
+1 - just signed up for the traditional century

Jacky Schuler

Apr 1, 2015, 5:45:09 PM4/1/15
to Jason Terk, SF2G
This year, I will probably do the Mt. Tam Century as a different challenge.

That must be a typo -- I'm sure you meant the double.

David Goldsmith

Apr 1, 2015, 6:08:03 PM4/1/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com

Yvonne Yip

Apr 1, 2015, 6:26:07 PM4/1/15
to d...@dgolds.com, SF2G
I signed up for the Mt. Tam century. It's the weekend after the SF marathon though, so it's going to be an interesting time...

Peter Colijn

Apr 1, 2015, 6:27:57 PM4/1/15
to Yvonne Yip, d...@dgolds.com, SF2G
Anyone doing the double? SF2G crew was a bit thin last year (just me & Warren, iirc).

Christine Ryan

Apr 1, 2015, 6:30:11 PM4/1/15
to Peter Colijn, Yvonne Yip, d...@dgolds.com, SF2G
I'm still thinking about Mt Shasta...

Jason Thorpe

Apr 1, 2015, 6:35:52 PM4/1/15
to crya...@gmail.com, Peter Colijn, Yvonne Yip, d...@dgolds.com, SF2G

> On Apr 1, 2015, at 3:29 PM, Christine Ryan <crya...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm still thinking about Mt Shasta…

I pretty much came to the conclusion that logistics for Shasta are not good for me this year, so I just reg’d for the Marin 200K. Will try for a sub-8hr elapsed time again this year (nearly nailed that 2 years ago, but a mechanical forced us to linger at Valley Ford longer than we liked, and I finished in 8:07).

-- thorpej

Patrick Lea

Apr 1, 2015, 6:46:59 PM4/1/15
to Jason Thorpe, Christine Ryan, Peter Colijn, Yvonne Yip, d...@dgolds.com, SF2G
Is anyone doing either the metric or half metric. I was trying to convince my wife she should ride it.

aamir ali

Apr 1, 2015, 7:01:08 PM4/1/15
to d...@dgolds.com, sf...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 3:08 PM David Goldsmith <d...@dgolds.com> wrote:

@David: Jacky is just giving me a hard time for choosing an "easier" ride than the double.
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "SF2G" group.

Jacky Schuler

Apr 1, 2015, 7:16:11 PM4/1/15
to aamir ali, d...@dgolds.com, SF2G
I'm considering the double but also pondering Shasta. I'm also thinking of doing STP. It's sold out but I am in touch about volunteering in exchange for an entry.

Christine Windsor

Apr 1, 2015, 7:57:57 PM4/1/15
to Jacky Schuler, aamir ali, d...@dgolds.com, SF2G
Patrick, depending on how my metric century goes in May I'll sign up for the half or _maybe_ the full metric. I think it will be a hilly ride right?

R Samuel Klatchko

Apr 1, 2015, 9:21:32 PM4/1/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com, jackys...@gmail.com, gearin...@gmail.com, d...@dgolds.com, Julien Silland
Signed up for the traditional century and thinking of doing the Julien Silland variation (adding on Valley Ford -> Wild Flour Bakery out & back).

Zoe Hoster

Apr 2, 2015, 11:46:22 AM4/2/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com, jackys...@gmail.com, gearin...@gmail.com, d...@dgolds.com, jsil...@gmail.com
+hopefully

this was super fun last year. hopefully chipotle will sponsor again .. I almost made back my entry fee in free burrito coupons ..

Dan Sully

Apr 2, 2015, 12:32:58 PM4/2/15
to zoe.h...@gmail.com, sf...@googlegroups.com, jackys...@gmail.com, gearin...@gmail.com, d...@dgolds.com, jsil...@gmail.com
My plans have changed, so +1 for the 200k

I'm also doing StP the weekend before.

Sent from my iPhone

Cordelia Link

Apr 2, 2015, 12:48:19 PM4/2/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com, zoe.h...@gmail.com, jackys...@gmail.com, gearin...@gmail.com, d...@dgolds.com, jsil...@gmail.com
Wait StP is the weekend before? I thought it was more like a month before...

Jason Terk

Apr 2, 2015, 12:52:08 PM4/2/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
Grr, I just realized I have something else going on Aug. 1 -1; if anyone wants to do this ride I'll transfer my registration at yesterday's price ;)

-Jason

Dan Sully

Apr 2, 2015, 1:40:25 PM4/2/15
to cordel...@gmail.com, sf...@googlegroups.com, zoe.h...@gmail.com, jackys...@gmail.com, gearin...@gmail.com, d...@dgolds.com, jsil...@gmail.com
Oh yeah. I can't read a calendar.

--dan

<dsully> please describe web 2.0 to me in 2 sentences or less.
<jwb> you make all the content. they keep all the revenue.

Peter Colijn

Jun 1, 2015, 2:38:01 AM6/1/15
to Dan Sully, Cordelia Link, SF2G, Zoe Hoster, Jacky Schuler, aamir ali, d...@dgolds.com, Julien Silland
Just signed up for the Mt. Tam double, prices go up again at midnight...

Christine Windsor

Jun 1, 2015, 2:58:45 AM6/1/15
to Peter Colijn, Dan Sully, Cordelia Link, SF2G, Zoe Hoster, Jacky Schuler, aamir ali, d...@dgolds.com, Julien Silland
Signed up for the metric century. Looks like climbing practice is in my future.

Kurt Wallace Martin

Jun 1, 2015, 12:08:57 PM6/1/15
to sf2g
A fun little project to create a more-or-less epic ride out of one’s doorstep. I’m picturing hills in SF plus what, planet of the apes?

Kurt

Jason Terk

Jun 1, 2015, 12:51:00 PM6/1/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
If anyone else is considering the Marin Century I have a "Traditional Century" registration I can't use. It's yours for $95.85 (vs. $109.99 today).

-Jason

Ted Ketai

Jun 1, 2015, 1:33:55 PM6/1/15
to Kurt Wallace, sf2g
5k in 40 on mostly dirt isn't hard to do out of SF: https://www.strava.com/activities/276213022

or, if you can do a point-to-point: https://www.strava.com/activities/248829870

Ted Ketai

Jun 1, 2015, 1:38:47 PM6/1/15
to Kurt Wallace, sf2g
Or, other similar point-to-point options:
Also possible out of Oakland: https://www.strava.com/activities/8902926  .. can also be combined with these options https://www.strava.com/activities/79402

vasek1

Jun 1, 2015, 1:53:07 PM6/1/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
+1 for the traditional century!

Kurt Wallace Martin

Jun 1, 2015, 1:53:46 PM6/1/15
to Ted Ketai, sf2g
Ted has all the datas!

Bret Lobree

Jun 1, 2015, 5:01:32 PM6/1/15
to Kurt Wallace, Ted Ketai, sf2g
You can easily do 5k in <40 mi in SF...though it's not as dirty as Marin. I see Sutro, TP, Davidson via dirt McLaren and DSB (among others). PotA is too far away to make it back in under 40.

fwiw, here's my best ft/mi ride at 194.3 3389ft/17.4mi:

Ted Ketai

Jun 2, 2015, 3:51:45 PM6/2/15
to Bret Lobree, Kurt Wallace, sf2g
If you're looking for pure elevation per mile, you can't do much better than Skeggs, btw (though it's not out your front door)

Kurt Wallace Martin

Jun 2, 2015, 4:45:03 PM6/2/15
to Bret Lobree, Ted Ketai, sf2g
Yeah, this makes me want to do bayview park, san bruno, mcLaren, bernal, diamond, davidson, TP, Sutro, buena vista in that order. I’m sure I don’t know half of the dirty connectors though.

Bret Lobree

Jun 2, 2015, 4:47:16 PM6/2/15
to Kurt Wallace Martin, Ted Ketai, sf2g
SF Flow?

Ted Ketai

Jun 2, 2015, 5:25:32 PM6/2/15
to Bret Lobree, Kurt Wallace Martin, sf2g
Lots of legal SF dirt from SFUR ride a couple weeks ago: https://www.strava.com/activities/306713865

I can't find the SF Flow route. May have been pre-strava?

Bret Lobree

Jun 2, 2015, 5:32:38 PM6/2/15
to Ted Ketai, Kurt Wallace Martin, sf2g
Is this it?

Oh my! Look at that activity number...

Ted Ketai

Jun 2, 2015, 5:35:24 PM6/2/15
to Bret Lobree, Kurt Wallace Martin, sf2g
Apparently..

That could have been the second year of it possibly..

Maxence Nachury

Jun 2, 2015, 5:40:07 PM6/2/15
to tke...@gmail.com, Bret Lobree, Kurt Wallace Martin, sf2g
Have those “no bicycle” signs gone down? Last time I was at McLaren (~ a month ago) they were still there. Rumor has it that some riders were ticketed in McLaren too.

Ted Ketai

Jun 2, 2015, 6:18:51 PM6/2/15
to Maxence Nachury, Bret Lobree, Kurt Wallace Martin, sf2g
I'm pretty sure they've come down at Sutro, not sure about McLaren.

Lorne Kligerman

Jun 3, 2015, 6:57:44 PM6/3/15
to vas...@gmail.com, SF2G
+1 to the 200km

Side comment... under the 'how'd you hear about us' section you can choose to select from a list of cycling groups/clubs, but SF2G isn't listed!

Nick Burton

Caitlin Johnson

Jun 3, 2015, 10:33:49 PM6/3/15
to nickr...@yahoo.ie, SF2G, Yvonne Yip, d...@dgolds.com