Friday 5/18 East-Bay Skyline?

Nathan Dushman

May 18, 2016, 2:44:17 PM5/18/16
to SF2G
Continuing the week of "not-quite-Skyline" Skylines, anyone interested in an East Bay Skyline on Friday? My plan would be to BART to Rockridge and follow the usual route (Tunnel->Skyline->Pinehurst->Redwood) as far as Castro Valley, then continue down Redwood Road through downtown Hayward and on to my office by the San Mateo bridge. For the rest of you continuing south you could do the classic Palomares route, or follow me and do the southern half of the east-bayway.

Nathan

Peter Colijn

May 18, 2016, 3:10:54 PM5/18/16
to Nathan Dushman, SF2G
On Friday I was gonna call a slacker rollout, since I'll need more sleep. So I don't think I'd be up for this, sadly, but don't let that stop you!

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 11:44 AM, Nathan Dushman <n...@abtech.org> wrote:
Continuing the week of "not-quite-Skyline" Skylines, anyone interested in an East Bay Skyline on Friday? My plan would be to BART to Rockridge and follow the usual route (Tunnel->Skyline->Pinehurst->Redwood) as far as Castro Valley, then continue down Redwood Road through downtown Hayward and on to my office by the San Mateo bridge. For the rest of you continuing south you could do the classic Palomares route, or follow me and do the southern half of the east-bayway.

Nathan

---

Alexandre Passos

Matthew Hiller

May 18, 2016, 5:15:39 PM5/18/16
to SF2G, n...@abtech.org
I'm riding Palomares Saturday as part of a larger thing if that intrigues. Write me offlist?

Ramesh Baller

May 18, 2016, 5:35:42 PM5/18/16
to Nathan Dushman, SF2G

Nathan,

Great call! You meant this Friday 5/20 right? 6 years in SF2G and not for once I have tried the East Bay Skyline nor I know the route :)

I will definitely join you for this ride this Friday if you call for a early rollout like 6:30 or an even earlier BART.

Ramesh.

Yvonne Yip

May 18, 2016, 5:56:06 PM5/18/16
to Ramesh Baller, Nathan Dushman, SF2G
I'm interested. Likely I will BART to the SF office after for a most gratuitous commute.

Nathan Dushman

May 18, 2016, 6:02:11 PM5/18/16
to Ramesh Baller, SF2G
Yes, sorry, that should be 5/20.

I'll post an official ride call with BART timing tomorrow once I'm certain
this won't cause any work or family issues. It will need to be an early BART
- looks like last time I did this, we started riding from Rockridge at 6:30.

Nathan

Ramesh Baller

May 18, 2016, 8:41:48 PM5/18/16
to Nathan Dushman, SF2G
On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 2:35 PM, Ramesh Baller <rames...@gmail.com> wrote:
I will definitely join you for this ride this Friday if you call for a early rollout like 6:30 or an even earlier BART.

Ugh! Sorry Nathan :(

I have just been scheduled to interview someone on Friday morning and I have no power to say no for this. I hope others can join but I would be down for Middle East Skyline for some other Friday though.

Ramesh

Thomas Roessler

May 19, 2016, 12:34:43 AM5/19/16
to alexan...@gmail.com, Nathan Dushman, SF2G
Eta @ Google?
Thomas Roessler  (@roessler)

Nathan Dushman

May 19, 2016, 1:04:31 AM5/19/16
to Thomas Roessler, alexan...@gmail.com, SF2G

Assuming we leave Rockridge at 6:30, probably by 10:30, but I'm not really sure. I'd guess it's around 3:30 moving time from Rockridge, based on a ride from 2 years ago that had me at 2:35 from Rockridge to Union City BART. You can cut at least 30 minutes of that by doing the east-bayway instead of Palomares, although Palomares is a great road. Traditionally this route has included a stop at Bodi's Java House in Castro Valley which can add 30 minutes of social non-moving time.

Nathan

Thomas Roessler

May 19, 2016, 1:36:26 AM5/19/16
to Nathan Dushman, alexan...@gmail.com, SF2G
Sure sounds like fun - alas, 10:30 is on the very late end of things.
--
Thomas Roessler  (@roessler)

Alexandre Passos

May 19, 2016, 3:16:09 PM5/19/16
to Thomas Roessler, Nathan Dushman, SF2G
-1; I looked at how long the route is and how my legs feel and concluded that even 10:30 is an optimistic ETA.
--
 - Alexandre

Nathan Dushman

May 19, 2016, 3:53:51 PM5/19/16
to SF2G
OK, we'll save this for another day.

Although, I could be convinced on a later roll-out, with the ride ending at Castro Valley or Hayward BART, if that's of interest to Yvonne or anyone else.

Nathan

Yvonne Yip

May 19, 2016, 4:30:55 PM5/19/16
to Nathan Dushman, SF2G
Maybe another day, then!

Nathan

Zahan

May 19, 2016, 8:03:53 PM5/19/16
to SF2G
I want to do this! As it happens, tomorrow wouldn't have worked for me, but let's call one next week?

re: time and effort, it's comparable to HMBW, though I end up feeling less tired after this one.

Nathan Dushman

May 19, 2016, 8:46:02 PM5/19/16
to SF2G
Only day that works for me next week is Thursday. Would that work for anyone else? The week after is more open, but of course that's no longer May.

Peter Colijn

May 19, 2016, 8:50:03 PM5/19/16
to Nathan Dushman, SF2G
Next week is 5d1w.HMB including the awesome HALF MOON BARWAY on Friday. Do keep that in mind :)

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 5:46 PM, Nathan Dushman <n...@abtech.org> wrote:
Only day that works for me next week is Thursday. Would that work for anyone else? The week after is more open, but of course that's no longer May.

Peter Colijn

May 19, 2016, 8:50:37 PM5/19/16
to Nathan Dushman, SF2G
Oh, and the week of May 30 does have a May commute day (May 31).

djconnel

May 20, 2016, 9:11:29 AM5/20/16
to SF2G, n...@abtech.org
1D1W?  I think I can do that one.

Nathan Dushman

May 25, 2016, 5:35:38 PM5/25/16
to SF2G
So, is there interest in doing an East-Bay Skyline on Tuesday the 31st?

Zahan

May 25, 2016, 8:30:06 PM5/25/16
to SF2G
I can't do really long rides on Tue / Thurs any more, sadly. And Monday is a holiday.
I'd be down for Wednesday, though that wouldn't fit in May. Feel free to go ahead with the Tues plan if others are up for it though.