OT: Robin Williams' Bike Auction

Chris Merrill

Oct 13, 2016, 7:18:52 PM10/13/16
to SF2G
Charity bike auction of 87 bikes from Robin Williams' bicycle collection.

In case anyone wants to N+1.

~Chris

Darrin Ward

Oct 13, 2016, 7:24:50 PM10/13/16
to Chris Merrill, SF2G
awesome if well you fit his measurements, or am i missing something?

---

Lina Mårtensson

Oct 13, 2016, 7:33:48 PM10/13/16
to Darrin Ward, Chris Merrill, SF2G
Also awesome that it's some sort of art site and they have no idea how to write bike sizing. ;)

Chris Merrill

Lina Mårtensson

Andrew Stadler

Oct 13, 2016, 8:03:54 PM10/13/16
to Lina Mårtensson, Chris Merrill, Darrin Ward, SF2G
He was 5'7" if that helps....

Marcelo Vanzin

Oct 13, 2016, 9:23:52 PM10/13/16
to SF2G
The details page for the bikes seem to have all the needed info... e.g.

Robert Griesmeyer

Oct 13, 2016, 10:02:33 PM10/13/16
to SF2G, ch...@notspelledright.com
Saw this today. So Awesome.

Ted Lesher_

Oct 14, 2016, 1:19:42 AM10/14/16
to SF2G, ch...@notspelledright.com
I needed a new commuter bike... perfect!

djconnel

Oct 14, 2016, 10:25:19 AM10/14/16
to SF2G, ch...@notspelledright.com
Beams are finally back (with bike companies realizing the # of customers limited by present UCI rules is much smaller than the number who are triathletes):

Dan

Nathan Davis

Oct 14, 2016, 11:56:48 AM10/14/16
to Dan Connelly, SF2G, Christopher Merrill
This one looks like fun, albeit impractical fun: https://paddle8.com/work/schwinn/124606-chopper-hog-roadster/

-- Nathan

---

Patrick Lea

Oct 14, 2016, 9:23:52 PM10/14/16
to Nathan Davis, Christopher Merrill, sf2g, Dan Connelly

He owned a lot of saddle bags!

Matthew Hiller

Oct 15, 2016, 11:41:33 PM10/15/16
to SF2G
"the bikes were very well kept; and most of the stock frames are sized around 54 cm"

Huh. That's my size. (I'm 5'10", but not long-legged...)

Zak Jarvis

Oct 16, 2016, 1:15:49 AM10/16/16
to matthew...@gmail.com, SF2G
I have no idea what bike size I use -- the two I've bought were pro-fitted and the second was years after the first, and done out of the fitters database rather than with new measurements.

But I'm also 5'10" and made out of torso. My wife is well and truly shorter than me and we've got the same inseam.

On Sat, Oct 15, 2016 at 8:41 PM Matthew Hiller <matthew...@gmail.com> wrote:
"the bikes were very well kept; and most of the stock frames are sized around 54 cm"

Huh. That's my size. (I'm 5'10", but not long-legged...)

---

Justin!

Oct 16, 2016, 12:27:19 PM10/16/16
to SF2G
Yeah- size is a funny thing. I'm 5'9" (on a good day) and ride a 56.

Ben Kochie

Oct 16, 2016, 6:16:33 PM10/16/16
to A Roja, SF2G