OT: San Diego "christmas ride" 12/26 - 12/31

Faye

Nov 10, 2016, 10:40:25 PM11/10/16
to SF2G
I need to return a (sadly transient) returned to the promised land over my too short x-mas break, and it needs to involve some decent weather and bike riding.

Is there anyone who would be interested in doing this ride:
?

I did it once before a few years ago, and the route was pretty cool. I would only do it if I could get some like-minded people who wanted to stay in motels cause I am past the age of being interested in sleeping in a sleeping bag on the floor with 100 people snoring around me.  I also have some other tweaks to the program. But their route was really pretty cool- mountains (even with snow at times), desert, the sickest descend I have ever done, various other farmlands, coast, etc- it is a pretty amazing array of landscapes in a 6 day period.

If you are interested, feel free to ping me off-list.

Faye

faye steiner

Nov 10, 2016, 10:47:19 PM11/10/16
to SF2G
Ugh, and clearly I can't spell, type, or write proper English anymore... I guess this is what happens when you study medicine...

---

djconnel

Nov 14, 2016, 7:10:24 PM11/14/16
to SF2G
That's a really fun tour.  Ironically the year I did it it included some of the coldest recreational riding I've done (28F).  It does strain family relations being in San Diego instead of New Jersey/Philadelphia on 26 Dec.... but then family gatherings this year are going to be..... interesting.