Re: 1/10 Skyline 0600 PPR Style 2

Message has been deleted

Zak Jarvis

Jan 9, 2017, 9:05:08 PM1/9/17
to mped...@google.com, SF2G
Not a +1 but a warning.

The shoulder of Skyline is currently really, really thick with debris from trees. It's worst on the (going south) downhill sections too.

The heavily canopied part just before Sharp Park is especially bad. Lots and lots of small limbs and a thick carpet of crap.

Beware.

On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 11:24 AM 'Marcello Pedersen' via SF2G <sf...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

---
Message has been deleted

Maxence Nachury

Jan 11, 2017, 1:34:24 PM1/11/17
to Marcello Pedersen, voidm...@gmail.com, SF2G
2nd 280 is particularly nasty. For everything else, It is OK to move into the lane or ride the white line but the freeways are really sketchy. I would avoid riding those before sunrise.

Gnarliest bit is on the big sweeping right hander after the stop sign in the Crystal Spring descent. There is s stream in the middle of the road that has carried fist-sized rocks all across the road.

On Jan 11, 2017, at 10:10 AM, 'Marcello Pedersen' via SF2G <sf...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Thanks Zak. Quick update on conditions: Should is sketchy/unridable from:

  • at the bollard section before the sharp park light.
  • from the bottom of the sharp park descend to sneath
  • After HW 1 / 280 overpass to the Hickey
  • 1st 280 in the beginning
  • 2nd 280 especially towards the end
  • Junipero serra after the golf course light
The rest of the ride was not bad. As usual, big trees that extend over the shoulder can cause branches to fall on the shoulder

On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 6:04 PM, Zak Jarvis <voidm...@gmail.com> wrote:
Not a +1 but a warning.

The shoulder of Skyline is currently really, really thick with debris from trees. It's worst on the (going south) downhill sections too.

The heavily canopied part just before Sharp Park is especially bad. Lots and lots of small limbs and a thick carpet of crap.

Beware.

On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 11:24 AM 'Marcello Pedersen' via SF2G <sf...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

---
---

Marcello Pedersen | Google Inc. | mped...@google.com | 415 508 6800

We are hiring! Awesome Careers in Google Cloud Professional Services

ammon

Peter Colijn

Jan 11, 2017, 5:22:38 PM1/11/17
to ammon skidmore, SF2G, Marcello Pedersen, Zak Jarvis
Yeah I was wondering about that too, but when I went through on Monday and Tuesday it was normal-ish. There was debris but not really any indication of the massive tree left over.

Message has been deleted