SF2G Crashtag

John Murphy

Jul 22, 2016, 12:05:00 PM7/22/16
to sf...@googlegroups.com

To: John Murphy <ta...@murphstahoe.com>

Hi John

SF2G Crashtag is now up and online at

You can also find it with the other tags in the configurator under “Team Crashtags

Also we’ve just dropped our price for Crashtag to $29.90 as our process has been streamlined.

Thanks John!

-Rick

  Rick Pepper – Managing Partner

  Elevengear LLC

  Crashtag®

Peter Colijn

Jul 22, 2016, 1:50:39 PM7/22/16
to John Murphy, SF2G
Wait are these things also bottle openers? If so, SWEET!

---

Darrin Ward

Jul 22, 2016, 1:54:14 PM7/22/16
to Peter Colijn, John Murphy, SF2G
faq

How easy is it to open a bottle with the bottle opener in Crashtag?
Comprehensive and ongoing testing continues to confirm that it’s very easy. However, rumors of bottles opening in the mere proximity of Crashtag however cannot at this time be confirmed. Plus, as it’s around your neck your Crashtag is always ready to open a bottle with just a quick tug.

Alexandre Passos

Jul 22, 2016, 2:04:02 PM7/22/16
to Darrin Ward, Peter Colijn, John Murphy, SF2G
I ordered, if just for the sf2g bottle opener.
 - Alexandre

Yuanyu Chen

Jul 22, 2016, 2:10:56 PM7/22/16
to alexan...@gmail.com, Darrin Ward, Peter Colijn, John Murphy, SF2G
clearly we should order sf2g headset spacer bottle openers :P

Ben Breslauer

Jul 22, 2016, 2:53:43 PM7/22/16
to John Murphy, sf...@googlegroups.com
Oddly, their site says

---
Crashtag's Engraved Information
The information you submit for engraving on your titanium Crashtag is information that we are serious about guarding. We utilize Secure Socket Layer (SSL) 128 bit encryption on our site...
---

Yet the page where you enter this information (and your password!) doesn't support SSL (and even if you try and use https, they redirect to http).

John, any chance you can ask them to fix that?

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 9:04 AM, John Murphy <ta...@murphstahoe.com> wrote:

John Murphy

Jul 22, 2016, 5:35:34 PM7/22/16
to Ben Breslauer, sf...@googlegroups.com
"Thanks John

We’re working on that and a whole raft of improvements to the site. It might have to be like that for another few weeks."

-rick

Peter Chang

Jul 24, 2016, 9:34:23 AM7/24/16
to SF2G

Le vendredi 22 juillet 2016 11:53:43 UTC-7, Ben B a écrit :
Oddly, their site says

---
Crashtag's Engraved Information
The information you submit for engraving on your titanium Crashtag is information that we are serious about guarding. We utilize Secure Socket Layer (SSL) 128 bit encryption on our site...
---

Yet the page where you enter this information (and your password!) doesn't support SSL (and even if you try and use https, they redirect to http).

the checkout (at least) goes through paypal , so at least they knew enough not to try to do that themselves.

\p

Christine Ryan

Jul 23, 2021, 1:43:19 PM7/23/21
to Peter Chang, SF2G
One of the magnets on mine has finally (after years of use) rusted/corroded/something into two pieces... I was going to order a new one (and update some of the info engraved on it), but our team page has, not surprisingly, expired. Anyone else interested in reviving it?