OT: Light and Motion discount

Bret Lobree

Jul 25, 2014, 6:11:54 PM7/25/14
to SF2G, team...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

As mentioned I got the Light and Motion 30% discount re-issued again this year. I understand you can get better deals on last years models, but figured I'd get this set up so I didn't forget.

The code is: lightitupsf2g

Please use discretion when sharing the code...it's fine to share it with family but posting it on Facebook would not be a good thing.

Best,
1T

Bruce Garretson

Aug 24, 2014, 9:57:12 PM8/24/14
to sf...@googlegroups.com, team...@googlegroups.com
I tried to use this and it did not seem to work. Was planning on buying

URBAN 350 OBSIDIAN STOUT

Bret Lobree

Aug 24, 2014, 10:42:10 PM8/24/14
to bruce.g...@gmail.com, SF2G
OK. I'll look into and get back to you. I used it shortly after I sent the original email.

bret

---

Bret Lobree

Aug 26, 2014, 1:54:59 AM8/26/14
to bruce.g...@gmail.com, SF2G
I checked with my contact and L&M and he said it should be working. He also increased the discount to 35% off. Let me know if it still doesn't work.

Bruce Garretson

Sep 13, 2014, 4:12:45 AM9/13/14
to sf...@googlegroups.com, bruce.g...@gmail.com
Thanks. Ordered and am enjoying them

Zak Stern

Jan 11, 2015, 7:35:17 PM1/11/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com, bruce.g...@gmail.com
bump - I know this is an old thread but I am looking to buy the L&M Urban 800 Fast charge and wanted to check if the discount could be turned back on. Currently says not valid if I try to apply it at checkout on L&M's website.

Bret Lobree

Jan 11, 2015, 9:04:55 PM1/11/15
to zak....@gmail.com, sf...@googlegroups.com, bruce.g...@gmail.com
I'll email my contact.

Bret

Peter Chang

Jan 11, 2015, 9:37:55 PM1/11/15
to SF2G
> bump - I know this is an old thread but I am looking to buy the L&M Urban
> 800 Fast charge and wanted to check if the discount could be turned back on.

i got one that i've yet to use through a work group buy, if you're interested.

\p

Peter Chang

Jan 11, 2015, 9:44:16 PM1/11/15
to SF2G
oops... mine isn't the fast charge one. sorry.

\p

Zak Stern

Jan 11, 2015, 9:59:48 PM1/11/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
Bret - I appreciate it but I am going to buy Peters. Thanks though.

Sam McCandlish

Feb 27, 2015, 11:20:17 AM2/27/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
Any chance the coupon can be reactivated again? Was going to grab one of the Urban combo lights.  Thanks!

Bruce Garretson

Sep 2, 2015, 11:30:35 AM9/2/15
to SF2G, team...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to get the discount reactivated? Looking to grab another light.

Zachary Ulissi

Sep 2, 2015, 1:03:15 PM9/2/15
to bruce.g...@gmail.com, SF2G, team...@googlegroups.com
Along these lines, do people have suggestions for light&motion lights?  The solite/seca look very nice with the detachable batteries, but might be overkill?  I don't have a good sense of how bright the lights need to be to be useful when riding in the dark.

Lina Mårtensson

Sep 2, 2015, 1:20:46 PM9/2/15
to zul...@gmail.com, bruce.g...@gmail.com, SF2G, team...@googlegroups.com
I have a couple of the Urban lights and love them. They're small enough and simple and plenty bright. If I'm not too lazy tonight I'm gonna try a night MTB ride with the 500 + 650.

If you're just planning to ride on the road in the dark then the above combination would be well beyond what is necessary. It's really good to have both a handlebar mounted light and a helmet mounted light if you can, but I've been surprised at how well I can descend Page Mill in the dark with just a good handlebar light + having my friend with a helmet mounted light ride just ahead of me and looking into the turns.

-Lina

Nathan Dushman

Sep 2, 2015, 1:32:38 PM9/2/15
to SF2G
On Wednesday, September 2, 2015 at 10:03:15 AM UTC-7, Zachary Ulissi wrote:
Along these lines, do people have suggestions for light&motion lights?  The solite/seca look very nice with the detachable batteries, but might be overkill?  I don't have a good sense of how bright the lights need to be to be useful when riding in the dark.

I've done Paradise Loop (curvy and no streetlights) at night with just a handlebar-mounted Niterider Lumina 550, not even on the brightest setting for most of it (not sure the battery would have lasted at full power), and been fine, although one or two deer nearly surprised me. For most use, you don't need a really bright light, and you'd be better off with a second less-bright light (for additional coverage from a different angle) than a single really powerful one.

Search the group archives, there have been lots of discussions about how much light you need.

Nathan

R Samuel Klatchko

Sep 2, 2015, 2:02:20 PM9/2/15
to SF2G
One benefit of a powerful one is usefulness at low power where you get 6 hours of battery charge.

Bret Lobree

Sep 2, 2015, 5:46:52 PM9/2/15
to R Samuel Klatchko, SF2G
I will contact L&M and get the discount code back and running...Is now the best time to do it? I'm not an early rider so I don't know when it's dark.

Also, if you are going to do any type of non-commute riding in the dark, I highly recommend a helmet mount. Yes handle bar mount is fine for most things including Paradise, but it's more fun (read you can go faster) with a helmet light.

The Solite is a fantastic all around light, but it's not the best on a bike. (I use one for camping and love it). If you think you would use the light for different things then go that way, but if just a bike light then I recommend the Urban. The Seca is great for helmet mount.

bret

Ryan Minobe

Sep 2, 2015, 6:19:48 PM9/2/15
to SF2G, r.samuel...@gmail.com
I've been using my lights to get to 6:30 rollouts for the last two weeks and it's only going to get darker, so I'd say now is a good time to start purchasing.  By the end of September, sunrise will be 7am around here.

I've had the Urban 550 and Vis 180 for a couple of years and love them both for commuting.  Max output has been plenty for anything I've encountered road wise.

Hans Nielsen

Sep 2, 2015, 6:28:33 PM9/2/15
to rmi...@gmail.com, SF2G, r.samuel...@gmail.com
I have an Urban 400 and it's mostly perfect (it is so bright I usually only use the lowest level, but the max level is definitely useful at times!), but there are two things that have been bothering me.

1) The strap seems kinda short for large handlebars. I can really only get it on the last hole, which makes removing it super hard.

2) You can't both have the light on and charge it at the same time. Did that change with any of the newer lights?

Peter Colijn

Sep 2, 2015, 6:31:56 PM9/2/15
to Ryan Minobe, SF2G, R Samuel Klatchko
I have the urban/vis pair as well as some stellas. I like them all, I just don't like charging them, but most lights need to be charged unless you're gonna go dynamo or that funky magnetic thing. I do find the separate battery pack thingies a little cumbersome to put on/off the bike.

My one gripe about the urban 550 would be that the mount has some sharp ish 'grip' things and they dig into my purdy bar tape, making it less purdy. Oh and I also find the button on the vis a little tricky to activate sometimes.

John Murphy

Sep 2, 2015, 6:36:45 PM9/2/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
I run the Vis-180 on the seatpost and like it - great battery life. I run a vis-360 on the helmet along with a niterider light on the bars. This is a great combo, having a good on bars light and the on helmet light of the 360 to point where I am looking. The rear light on the helmet is a good addition to the seatpost light. The 360 is super light despite being on helmet.

But that setup might be a bit annoying in a paceline, most of my dark riding is at 4 AM, solo.

Bret Lobree

Sep 2, 2015, 6:41:00 PM9/2/15
to John Murphy, SF2G
You can turn the tail light on the 360 off now...

Nathan Dushman

Sep 2, 2015, 6:56:03 PM9/2/15
to SF2G
If you're looking for a bright rear light that has the option not to annoy others in a paceline, most or all of the Niterider USB-chargeable rear lights have a "group ride" mode that turns the light on (no flashing) at a lower power.

Nathan

Nick Fohs

Sep 21, 2015, 2:19:11 PM9/21/15
to n...@abtech.org, SF2G
Resurrecting this one as my front light was yanked on the caltrain - was there any luck reactivating this code?

thanks

nick

Bret Lobree

Sep 21, 2015, 2:23:51 PM9/21/15
to nick...@gmail.com, Nathan Dushman, SF2G
Yes! He should get back to me this week. I'll post as soon as I know...Offer will be good until Oct 31st!

Bret

Matt S.

Sep 22, 2015, 4:52:02 PM9/22/15
to SF2G
Thanks Bret!

Bret Lobree

Oct 5, 2015, 3:22:17 PM10/5/15
to Matt Sieving, SF2G
Not sure if everyone here saw my post...there is now an active code until Oct 30.

Bret

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 1:52 PM, Matt S. <sie...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks Bret!

Zak Jarvis

Oct 5, 2015, 4:13:42 PM10/5/15
to blo...@gmail.com, Matt Sieving, SF2G
I'll be making use of it very shortly. Thank you, Bret!

Bruce Garretson

Oct 6, 2015, 10:46:14 PM10/6/15
to SF2G, team...@googlegroups.com
Just tried and could not get it to work. Is there a different code this year?

Christine Ryan

Oct 6, 2015, 10:59:12 PM10/6/15
to bruce.g...@gmail.com, SF2G, team...@googlegroups.com
Yes, per 1T's email about the discount a week or so ago. See pasted-in part below:

I've set up a discount code with Light and Motion again this year. It's 35% off and the code will only work until October 30th. This year's code is:

lightitupSF2G15

It's fine to share the code with family and close friends, but please do not post it anywhere.

Happy riding,

Bret
---

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Steven Tran

Apr 4, 2016, 6:27:57 PM4/4/16
to SF2G, bruce.g...@gmail.com, team...@googlegroups.com
Any chance the discount can be renewed for this year?