OT: Reno2Cino anyone else?

Alexandre Passos

Aug 24, 2016, 2:19:08 PM8/24/16
to SF2G, team...@googlegroups.com
Anyone else (I'm in!) doing reno 2 mendocino this round? https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2016-reno-to-mendocino-a-california-odyssey-tickets-26107864325

It's next weekend (labor day weekend). 5 days this year so somewhat less intense.
--
 - Alexandre

Murphy Mack

Aug 24, 2016, 2:26:06 PM8/24/16
to team...@googlegroups.com, SF2G
I'm doing it!

...about that 'less intense' bit though...

Murphy

http://norcal.cx
https://twitter.com/superproracing

"Between any two trees in the forest lies the door to a better life." - John Muir

Lina Mårtensson

Aug 24, 2016, 2:29:54 PM8/24/16
to Murphy Mack, team...@googlegroups.com, SF2G
PREPARE TO GET MURPHED!!!

---

Peter Colijn

Aug 24, 2016, 2:32:58 PM8/24/16
to Lina Mårtensson, Murphy Mack, team...@googlegroups.com, SF2G
But isn't that when Murphy implies it will all be fine ('all downhill', '100% paved', etc.)? I don't think I've ever known Murphy to imply something might _not_ be 'chill'.

Anyway, Reno to Cino is all downhill (except for a few rollers maybe?) so I'm sure you'll be fine.

Peter Colijn

Aug 24, 2016, 2:33:47 PM8/24/16
to Lina Mårtensson, Murphy Mack, team...@googlegroups.com, SF2G
Oh and Alex I assume you're riding it on the single speed?

Alexandre Passos

Aug 24, 2016, 2:58:08 PM8/24/16
to Peter Colijn, Lina Mårtensson, Murphy Mack, team...@googlegroups.com, SF2G
I'm riding it on the cx bike. Though I did get terribly tempted to buy this sscx I saw for sale at work...
 - Alexandre

Murphy Mack

Alexandre Passos

Aug 24, 2016, 4:37:48 PM8/24/16
to Murphy Mack, Peter Colijn, Lina Mårtensson, team...@googlegroups.com, SF2G
One day I'll get a non-mountain-bike which can fit 45s. Probably not in a week though. 40 in the front and 36 in the back is the best I can do for this.
--
 - Alexandre

Murphy Mack

Peter Colijn

Aug 24, 2016, 4:40:44 PM8/24/16
to Alexandre Passos, Murphy Mack, Lina Mårtensson, team...@googlegroups.com, SF2G
Murphy "700x45mm is best" Mack and Lina "23c for life" Mårtensson on the same thread at last!

Lina Mårtensson

Aug 24, 2016, 4:49:02 PM8/24/16
to Peter Colijn, Alexandre Passos, Murphy Mack, team...@googlegroups.com, SF2G
Yeah I think you should do it on 23s, Alex.

(and it's mm by the way, not c)

Alexandre Passos

Aug 24, 2016, 4:51:51 PM8/24/16
to Lina Mårtensson, Peter Colijn, Murphy Mack, team...@googlegroups.com, SF2G
Now how many psi, that's the big question.
--
 - Alexandre

Lina Mårtensson

Aug 24, 2016, 4:52:32 PM8/24/16
to Alexandre Passos, Peter Colijn, Murphy Mack, team...@googlegroups.com, SF2G
I'm gonna say at least 20.

Alexandre Passos

Aug 24, 2016, 4:53:45 PM8/24/16
to Lina Mårtensson, Peter Colijn, Murphy Mack, team...@googlegroups.com, SF2G
Ok. So I'll run 23mm tires at ~20psi on my singlespeed bike, as seems to be the consensus in this thread.
--
 - Alexandre

Lina Mårtensson

Aug 24, 2016, 5:00:19 PM8/24/16
to Alexandre Passos, Peter Colijn, Murphy Mack, team...@googlegroups.com, SF2G
I said *at least*.

Actual tire pressure may vary with what tire width you choose.

Jacky Schuler

Aug 24, 2016, 10:20:12 PM8/24/16
to team...@googlegroups.com, Lina Mårtensson, Peter Colijn, Murphy Mack, SF2G
And Peter you're just gonna keep on riding up to Humboldt, right? Just a few more miles!

-- Jacky