OT: Planet of the apes advice

Matt Ghering

Apr 27, 2016, 9:01:02 PM4/27/16
to SF2G
Hey everyone,

A buddy and I are riding down the pigeon point this weekend. Can anyone give me pointers on the dirt through pacifica? Does it avoid the sketchy climb to devils slide. That would be awesome if so.

Peter Chang

Apr 27, 2016, 9:03:57 PM4/27/16
to SF2G

Le mercredi 27 avril 2016 18:01:02 UTC-7, gherinm a écrit :

Can anyone give me pointers on the dirt through pacifica? Does it avoid the sketchy climb to devils slide.

yes.

R Samuel Klatchko

Apr 28, 2016, 4:50:01 PM4/28/16
to SF2G
Here's a Strava route that includes PotA.

On the descent, a little over halfway down, you'll have a branch. I prefer to go right instead of left; the left route is quite steep (~15%) while the right route is also more enjoyable as it has some nice turns to carve.

ammon

Apr 28, 2016, 6:01:17 PM4/28/16
to SF2G
I do the same: on a road bike stay right for the windy semi-paved descent and on cx/mtb bomb straight down. I also like to continue through the ranch to eastern Montara rather than go straight back to 1. The old paved path south of the ranch is in great shape (same age pavement as planet of the apes). If on a road bike, the Sunshine Valley descent is fun (https://www.strava.com/activities/1768919) and on cx/mtb there's recently-opened Rancho Corral de Tierra dirt that parallels Sunshine Valley (https://www.strava.com/activities/455333669).

Ammon

gherinm

Apr 29, 2016, 1:32:50 PM4/29/16
to SF2G