Tue 3/3 Skyline LSR 620 Style 3*

Cordelia Link

Mar 2, 2015, 4:40:15 PM3/2/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
Repost of previous ride with the correct date.

Alemany/Lyell at 640. JD/S at 705. Equivalent to 630 RRR.

Skyline Dr + 2x280, I'll probably also do Portola Valley. If it's not too foggy I could be convinced to do big green sign instead.

*My target is 16mph rolling which according to the documentation is solidly in Style 3 territory but there's been some level of dispute about this recently.

murphstahoe

Mar 2, 2015, 7:24:23 PM3/2/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
What is LSR?

Jason Terk

Mar 2, 2015, 7:25:18 PM3/2/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
La Stazione - the coffee shop at the 22nd St. Caltrain station.

--
Jason Terk

--
---

Peter Colijn

Mar 2, 2015, 7:25:46 PM3/2/15
to Jason Terk, SF2G
Also conveniently defined here:

Nathan Dushman

Mar 2, 2015, 7:26:54 PM3/2/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
http://sf2g.com/terms.html#L

La Stazione Rollout, 22nd/Pennsylvania above the Caltrain station on the Potrero/Dogpatch border.

ta...@murphstahoe.com

Ying Xiao

Mar 2, 2015, 7:54:54 PM3/2/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
+1 from Ritual.

matthew kenaston

Mar 2, 2015, 8:40:21 PM3/2/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
+1 on fixed gear @ JDS. Drop on Sand Hill.

Kat Huang

Mar 2, 2015, 9:09:22 PM3/2/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
+1 from Ritual

Ryan Minobe

Mar 2, 2015, 9:12:05 PM3/2/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
+1 from Ritual

Marcelo V.

Mar 2, 2015, 10:18:29 PM3/2/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
+1 from Ritual.

Royale sounds fun but Max would probably drop me before we got to the "Royale" part...

aamir ali

Mar 2, 2015, 10:56:42 PM3/2/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
The Royale is on Thu :) . May join this ride if I wake up on time to make JD/S at 7:05.

Llew Thomas

Mar 2, 2015, 11:02:28 PM3/2/15
to gearin...@gmail.com, sf...@googlegroups.com

+1 from JD/S

On Mon, 2 Mar 2015 19:56 aamir ali <gearin...@gmail.com> wrote:
The Royale is on Thu :) . May join this ride if I wake up on time to make JD/S at 7:05.

---

steve armijo

Mar 2, 2015, 11:49:25 PM3/2/15
to Cordelia Link, SF2G
+.5 tho :( for the unSEXiness of it.

-s

---

Marcelo V.

Mar 2, 2015, 11:57:45 PM3/2/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
That would give me a good headstart on Max, at least. Maybe I wouldn't be dropped at all!

Warren Stringer

Mar 3, 2015, 12:06:36 AM3/3/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
+.9 from RRR

Jeffrey Skokan

Mar 3, 2015, 1:04:52 AM3/3/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
+1 from La Stazione

Scott Johnston

Mar 3, 2015, 1:37:29 AM3/3/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
-.9

Sounds awesome, but I have to stay up a bit later...

-Scott

On Monday, March 2, 2015 at 10:04:52 PM UTC-8, Jeffrey Skokan wrote:
+1 from La Stazione

Peter Colijn

Mar 3, 2015, 2:26:31 AM3/3/15
to wamp...@gmail.com, SF2G

+1 jds

Kat Huang

Mar 3, 2015, 9:14:36 AM3/3/15
to caff...@colijn.ca, wamp...@gmail.com, SF2G

-1 not feeling so hot. Have a great ride!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "SF2G" group.

John Murphy

Mar 3, 2015, 9:16:45 AM3/3/15
to caff...@colijn.ca, wamp...@gmail.com, SF2G
+1 with him

John Murphy - ta...@murphstahoe.com

Warren Stringer

Mar 3, 2015, 10:50:01 AM3/3/15
to ta...@murphstahoe.com, caff...@colijn.ca, wamp...@gmail.com, SF2G
Bailed for SCT

Warren - via iPhone
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "SF2G" group.

Mark Kahn

Mar 3, 2015, 12:42:27 PM3/3/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com, ta...@murphstahoe.com, caff...@colijn.ca, wamp...@gmail.com
retroactive +1

Peter Colijn

Mar 3, 2015, 1:11:01 PM3/3/15
to Mark Kahn, Scott Johnston, murphstahoe, sf...@googlegroups.com

Fun ride folks! Will amend my mental model of style 3*.

Peter Chang

Mar 3, 2015, 1:28:34 PM3/3/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com

On Tuesday, March 3, 2015 at 10:11:01 AM UTC-8, Peter Colijn wrote:

Will amend my mental model of style 3*.

snacks will be provided. mmm.... (possibly vegan) marshmellow treats.

\p

John Murphy

Mar 3, 2015, 1:28:54 PM3/3/15
to Peter Colijn, Mark Kahn, Scott Johnston, sf...@googlegroups.com
Lol.

It was awesome to really get out for a full ride with SF2G and thanks for all the unexpected old school faces to make me feel less lost but it is great to see all the new ones. I don't get to ride that way very often so it's a pleasure. And most awesome just to see the large group.

I really felt like I had gone back to 2011 when I passed MV Caltrain just after the bullet arrived and all these guys fresh from the train attacked me on central.

Massive thanks to Colijn for facilitating it for me and for the treats!

John Murphy - ta...@murphstahoe.com

Cordelia Link

Mar 3, 2015, 2:04:29 PM3/3/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com, caff...@colijn.ca, mark....@gmail.com, wamp...@gmail.com
That was um...a little faster than expected. Thanks for the pulls everyone, I had a great time :)

Christine Windsor

Mar 3, 2015, 10:40:36 PM3/3/15
to Cordelia Link, SF2G ., Peter Colijn, mark....@gmail.com, wamp...@gmail.com
Um... the Special Krispies are not vegan they are vegetarian. Vegan marshmallows were used but real butter was used since I have no vegan butter. I hope nobody is offended/sick because of that.
In case you don't know the origin of marshmallows - they contain gelatin goodness which comes from animal connective tissue. So not vegetarian friendly.

steve armijo

Mar 3, 2015, 10:48:26 PM3/3/15
to chri...@colijn.ca, Cordelia Link, SF2G ., Peter Colijn, mark....@gmail.com, wamp...@gmail.com
There were delicious.

Thank you very much to all involved.

-s

Peter Colijn

Mar 3, 2015, 10:52:12 PM3/3/15
to steve armijo, chri...@colijn.ca, Cordelia Link, SF2G ., mark....@gmail.com, wamp...@gmail.com
And it's special K in stead of rice krispies, hence the name.. special krispies :)

Jason Thorpe

Mar 4, 2015, 12:26:10 AM3/4/15
to chri...@colijn.ca, SF2G .

> On Mar 3, 2015, at 7:40 PM, Christine Windsor <chri...@colijn.ca> wrote:
>
> In case you don't know the origin of marshmallows - they contain gelatin goodness which comes from animal connective tissue. So not vegetarian friendly.

Well, modern-day marshmallows, anyway. The **original** ones certainly were vegan! Unfortunately, marsh mallow root is impossible to find.

-- thorpej

Jason Thorpe

Mar 4, 2015, 12:26:58 AM3/4/15
to caff...@colijn.ca, chri...@colijn.ca, SF2G .

> On Mar 3, 2015, at 7:52 PM, Peter Colijn <caff...@colijn.ca> wrote:
>
> And it's special K in stead of rice krispies, hence the name.. special krispies :)

Sounds awesome. Straightforward adaptation of the recipe?

-- thorpej

Peter Colijn

Mar 4, 2015, 12:52:33 AM3/4/15
to Jason Thorpe, chri...@colijn.ca, SF2G .
Yep, works pretty much the same :)

matthew kenaston

Mar 4, 2015, 1:26:28 AM3/4/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
Yummy pre-descent and long climb deliciousness. Thx to Christine and Peter!