OT: Thanks on this my Anniversary.

Eric Manuel

Jul 12, 2016, 12:08:14 PM7/12/16
to SF2G
About a year ago I was living in Foster City, commuting to Mountain View by car.  The traffic was sooo terrible that I would arrive enraged.  My wife and I also only had one car meaning that usually she was fairly stranded in FC during the day.   So it was that I began considering buying a second car.

I hate buying cars, and the broker I was working with basically failed to secure the car I wanted.  I had been reading about bike routes (mostly for my wife) and ran across SF2G in some search I did.  So was born the idea of buying a bike instead of a car.   I went to REI  bought a clearance touring bike and so begins the odyssey.

The first few times I followed the white painted markers...and as someone on this forum said, don't worry soon you'll never need them again.  I rode mostly by myself, occasionally meeting up with other riders and riding together and sometimes with groups.   A few times I was able to catch or intercept an SF2G bayway.

Recently I moved to SF, and I suppose it is telling that when my wife recently asked me if I'd want to work in the city I said, "No, I wouldn't get to ride my bike nearly as much..."

If you've made it this far, or TLDR:   Thanks for sharing the inspiration to make these rides.   It's made a huge positive difference in my life.

Cheers,

Alexandre Passos

Jul 12, 2016, 12:37:22 PM7/12/16
to Eric Manuel, SF2G
I remember accidentally running into you on the road a long time ago and trying to explain what sf2g was but I guess you already knew. Good riding :-)

---

 - Alexandre

Sam Uong

Jul 12, 2016, 1:09:19 PM7/12/16
to alexan...@gmail.com, Eric Manuel, SF2G
Happy anniversary, your power output has increased a lot since your first ride!

Sam.

Dave Blizard

Jul 12, 2016, 1:16:55 PM7/12/16
to sam...@gmail.com, Alexandre Passos, Eric Manuel, SF2G
congrats!! :)

Peter Colijn

Jul 12, 2016, 1:24:16 PM7/12/16
to Dave Blizard, sam...@gmail.com, Alexandre Passos, Eric Manuel, SF2G
This is a great story, thanks for sharing!

Anna Walters

Jul 12, 2016, 1:35:11 PM7/12/16
to Peter Colijn, Dave Blizard, sam...@gmail.com, Alexandre Passos, Eric Manuel, SF2G
Happy anniversary & thanks for egging me on to bike these past few months! See you on a ride soon. :D
Anna Walters
cell: (360) 918-1109

Tristan Cameron

Jul 13, 2016, 11:37:54 AM7/13/16
to SF2G
Thanks for sharing your story. Pretty cool!