Fri. 4/29 - Middle East Bayway - 6:24 BART (16th/Mission) - Style 2.Fun

Beckett Madden-Woods

Apr 28, 2016, 1:47:12 AM4/28/16
to SF2G
36 miles to Google from San Leandro BART.

Middle East Bayway follows the levees along (and occasionally right in the middle of) the East Bay. Long stretches of mostly packed dirt and can be ridden just fine on standard road tires if you don't mind some loose gravel. A cx bike is also a fine choice if you have one.

The 6:2416th/Mission Fremont-bound BART arrives in San Leandro at 6:54.
6:22 24th/Mission.
6:30 Embarcadero.
Rear car.
Roll promptly once we arrive at San Leandro.
If you miss that train, you can take the next BART at 6:30 (24th) / 6:32(16th) / 6:38 (Embarcadero), arriving at 7:02, and chase!

We will cross the Dumbarton, and then onward to our usual destinations.

This ride is *not* NRLB, but expect a chill Friday Style 2.Fun pace. If you're in doubt, just come along!

Sample pics:

-BMW

Cordelia Link

Apr 28, 2016, 11:47:00 AM4/28/16
to SF2G
Thanks for calling Beckett! (and +1)

I'll probably take the EPA dirt after the Dumbarton assuming I can remember how to get on it.

Nathan Dushman

Apr 28, 2016, 11:59:43 AM4/28/16
to SF2G
+1 from Embarcadero to Hayward.
Cordelia - want to tentatively plan to meet in Dogpatch (on 22nd) at 6:12? Of course given my usual timing, roll without me if I'm not there.

Nathan

Beckett Madden-Woods

Apr 28, 2016, 12:12:15 PM4/28/16
to Nathan Dushman, SF2G
+1 for EPA dirt too.

---

Thomas Roessler

Apr 28, 2016, 4:28:59 PM4/28/16
to Beckett Madden-Woods, Nathan Dushman, SF2G
+1 to dirt.

Thomas Roessler  (@roessler)

Cordelia Link

Apr 28, 2016, 11:01:08 PM4/28/16
to SF2G
Nathan: I'm probably going to leave earlier and do a leisurely ride to 16th/mission.

George Lumpkin

Apr 29, 2016, 8:53:03 AM4/29/16
to SF2G
+1. Boarding at Civic Center

Hyan Park

Apr 29, 2016, 9:24:29 AM4/29/16
to george....@gmail.com, SF2G
+1 hoping someone else is on a road bike

On Friday, April 29, 2016, George Lumpkin <george....@gmail.com> wrote:
+1. Boarding at Civic Center

Beckett Madden-Woods

Apr 29, 2016, 1:03:46 PM4/29/16
to Hyan Park, SF2G, george....@gmail.com

Yay. 8 strong today! Lots of bunnies and geese out today, but those headwinds after Alameda Creek were... "fun".

Thomas Roessler

Apr 29, 2016, 1:04:28 PM4/29/16
to Beckett Madden-Woods, Hyan Park, SF2G, george....@gmail.com
Gorgeous.  Thanks for calling!

Thomas Roessler  (@roessler)

Hyan Park

Apr 29, 2016, 1:50:05 PM4/29/16
to Thomas Roessler, Beckett Madden-Woods, SF2G, george....@gmail.com
Yes that was fun (minus the bugs + headwinds)- thanks for calling!  A couple pictures that I took...
2016-04-29 08.29.43-1.jpg
2016-04-29 08.30.13-2.jpg

John Corwin

Apr 29, 2016, 3:13:13 PM4/29/16
to SF2G
Great ride! So much more scenic than the regular bayway.