OT: PowerCap removal thingy? That is...

Christine Ryan

Jul 12, 2016, 3:56:38 PM7/12/16
to SF2G
anyone got one that I could borrow? Trying to change a battery in one, and we're missing the proprietary tool that comes w/ the hub. (Also trying to order one, but it'll take days to get here...)

Thanks!

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Jason Thorpe

Jul 12, 2016, 4:09:02 PM7/12/16
to crya...@gmail.com, SF2G

On Jul 12, 2016, at 12:56 PM, Christine Ryan <crya...@gmail.com> wrote:

anyone got one that I could borrow? Trying to change a battery in one, and we're missing the proprietary tool that comes w/ the hub. (Also trying to order one, but it'll take days to get here…)

PowerTap you mean?  What version of the hub?  I have the tool that works on the SL+ and similar, but not the later “G3”.

Thanks!

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

---

-- thorpej

Christine Ryan

Jul 12, 2016, 4:19:42 PM7/12/16
to Jason Thorpe, SF2G
It's the G3, I'm afraid. Thanks, though!

Maxence Nachury

Jul 12, 2016, 4:30:37 PM7/12/16
to crya...@gmail.com, Jason Thorpe, SF2G
I have one somewhere in my garage.

But the last time I needed it, I could not find it so I just used my fingers to twist the cap. See if you can borrow a strong pair of fingers.

Let me know if that fails and I’ll have another look for the tool.

Christine Ryan

Jul 12, 2016, 4:32:36 PM7/12/16
to Maxence Nachury, Jason Thorpe, SF2G
Thanks! My fingers (plus a piece of old inner tube) aren't enough, but I'll enlist help...

Maxence Nachury

Jul 12, 2016, 4:39:04 PM7/12/16
to Christine Ryan, Jason Thorpe, SF2G
OK, I’ll look tonight. I think I remember where it is now.

Christine Ryan

Jul 12, 2016, 5:36:28 PM7/12/16
to SF2G
Got it off--thanks for the advice, David (and everyone)!