Ot: Seattle to Portland (stp)

Darrin Ward

Jul 13, 2014, 8:20:19 PM7/13/14
to SF2G
http://www.strava.com/activities/165173710

My first double century was awesome but hurt so much.  A great way to break into a double.  Only 5k of climbing and beautiful scenery.  Highly recommend the ride.

David Goldsmith

Jul 13, 2014, 8:29:40 PM7/13/14
to dmw...@gmail.com, SF2G
Congrats - and in under 12 hours. That's great!

David

On 7/13/14, 5:20 PM, Darrin Ward wrote:
http://www.strava.com/activities/165173710

My first double century was awesome but hurt so much.  A great way to break into a double.  Only 5k of climbing and beautiful scenery.  Highly recommend the ride.
---

Peter Chang

Jul 13, 2014, 9:22:56 PM7/13/14
to Darrin Ward, SF2G
> http://www.strava.com/activities/165173710
>
> My first double century was awesome but hurt so much.

nice!

\p

Dave Blizard

Jul 13, 2014, 9:25:53 PM7/13/14
to Peter Chang, Darrin Ward, SF2G
awesome.. congrats! :)

Christine Ryan

Jul 13, 2014, 9:33:18 PM7/13/14
to daveb...@gmail.com, Peter Chang, Darrin Ward, SF2G
Hurray!

Peter Colijn

Jul 13, 2014, 11:02:29 PM7/13/14
to crya...@gmail.com, daveb...@gmail.com, Peter Chang, Darrin Ward, SF2G
Nice job!

matthew kenaston

Jul 14, 2014, 12:05:30 AM7/14/14
to sf...@googlegroups.com
Congrats. Count me in next yr :)

Mark Kahn

Jul 14, 2014, 4:20:40 PM7/14/14
to sf...@googlegroups.com
Strong work, Darren!

Mark

Scott Crosby

Jul 14, 2014, 11:19:07 PM7/14/14
to mark....@gmail.com, sf...@googlegroups.com
Didn't you want to set yourself in fire at mile 140 or so? The agony memory has faded enough I'm thinking if doing it again in 2015.

Nice job man.

Darrin Ward

Jul 15, 2014, 12:37:12 AM7/15/14
to scr...@gmail.com, mark....@gmail.com, sf...@googlegroups.com
I started going delusional around 180'but I think it was more from the heat and lack of ability to eat enough because of said heat.  Girlfriend brought us BBQ pork and chicken sammichs around 140 and that made a huge difference.

Definitely going to do the ride again.

Darrin

Mark Kahn

Jul 15, 2014, 6:55:45 AM7/15/14
to sf...@googlegroups.com
Crosby/Darren - I would definitely do this again and 2015 may be doable. Let's discuss further...

Mark

Jason Thorpe

Jul 15, 2014, 1:11:42 PM7/15/14
to mark....@gmail.com, sf...@googlegroups.com

> On Jul 15, 2014, at 3:55 AM, Mark Kahn <mark....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Crosby/Darren - I would definitely do this again and 2015 may be doable. Let's discuss further…

Also somewhat interested in doing it in 2015.

> Mark
>
> --
> -- follow: http://twitter.com/sf2g | terms: http://sf2g.com/terms.html | bike prep: http://sf2g.com/bike-prep.html | unsub: http://groups.google.com/group/sf2g
> ---

-- thorpej

Dan Sully

Jul 15, 2014, 2:07:26 PM7/15/14
to Jason Thorpe, mark....@gmail.com, sf...@googlegroups.com
Interested as well. I would have done it this year were it not for a conflicting family event.

--dan

<dsully> please describe web 2.0 to me in 2 sentences or less.
<jwb> you make all the content. they keep all the revenue.

Rick Adams

Jul 16, 2014, 1:48:21 PM7/16/14
to sf...@googlegroups.com, tho...@me.com, mark....@gmail.com
This a great ride, that I highly recommend. Great ride Darrin -- first double!

Those of us with chip timing results: http://www.turboreg.net/Share/197/3B42D5C8A3694EE6920962BA9337CBCC

The first group started at 4:45 am and there were many guys and a few gals who were quick from the start. About 25 of us made it to the big climb (about 1k') where I lost contact with the leaders. After the 50 mile rest stop, I rode with 2 guys on tri-bikes and we got to the 100 miles rest stop in 4 hours, 35 minutes: @ 9:20 am. Here a quick refueling put me back with the lead group of now 10. We cruised the next 50 miles at close to 22 mph. Over the Longview bridge, 3 guys rode away never to be see again. Now I was with a group of 4. During this last 50 miles -- especially around mile 180 -- I was delusional. My time was 10 hours, 13 minutes.

hope to see you on the road, next week, not this week.

Rick Adams