ot: holy crap, rose pak died

Darrin Ward

Sep 18, 2016, 10:56:20 PM9/18/16
to SF2G
if you dont pay close attention to sf politics she is quite influential in the city.

for example: she was thrown her weight around trying to stop the car free stockton

here is a article about her death
http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Rose-Pak-SF-political-powerhouse-dies-9230594.php

lurch

Ted Ketai

Sep 19, 2016, 3:51:38 PM9/19/16
to Darrin Ward, SF2G
Have you seen the actual letter she wrote about the Stockton St. closure? My friend who was working on the project showed it to me and it's one of the more ridiculous things I've ever read. It had claims such as that tearing down the Embarcadero Freeway has devastated the economy of china town, and that people in china town require the use of Stockton so that they can get to their "culturally sensitive doctor appointments."

---

Darrin Ward

Sep 19, 2016, 5:51:27 PM9/19/16
to Ted Ketai, SF2G
Yeah.  Though she helped make the central subway project happen.  Though she helped get the shithead peskin back in office.  It was weird. I agreed with her like half the time and hated the other half.  Politics will be less interesting but maybe I'll trade that for a car free Stockton.

Darrin

Ken MacInnis

Sep 19, 2016, 6:07:07 PM9/19/16
to dmw...@gmail.com, Ted Ketai, SF2G
While a death is sad, I'm happy to not have her in office - even when I agreed with her, it wasn't out of any stance or moral of hers, it was out of a pure power principal that she defined her life and worth out of. It was all one big power play for her ego's sake, not for the good of the greater community.

Her last tweet (not sent by her per se) says a lot:

  "Those who have sides against me in battle, remember this: I do not forgive or forget. My warriors hold senior posts and they will avenge me."

---

djconnel

Sep 19, 2016, 6:42:56 PM9/19/16
to SF2G, tke...@gmail.com
She also helped get the shithead mayor back in office.  "Run, Ed, Run!"

They say there's a Chinese curse about "interesting" (Wikipedia says this is apocryphal... maybe Abe Lincoln said it, then).  Trump would be "interesting".  So would be leaping from the Golden Gate Bridge.

Dan

Peter Chang

Sep 19, 2016, 7:15:37 PM9/19/16
to SF2G

Le lundi 19 septembre 2016 15:07:07 UTC-7, Ken M a écrit :
While a death is sad, I'm happy to not have her in office - even when I agreed with her, it wasn't out of any stance or moral of hers, it was out of a pure power principal that she defined her life and worth out of. It was all one big power play for her ego's sake, not for the good of the greater community.

i think the various things make it clear that she was out for her community (ie, chinatown) and the rest of the city be damned. i guess it's what some want in their public officials, but it does lead to:

and a general feeling of nimby-ism, so yeah.

\p

djconnel

Sep 20, 2016, 1:18:54 PM9/20/16
to SF2G