BTWD Ride Leaders

Ben Kochie

May 1, 2012, 4:18:51 PM5/1/12
to SF2G
Hey, I need to start getting people signed up to lead/sweep bike to
work day rides so I can get the website up to date ahead of time.

Please sign up here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGNKblRNU1VMSHRSYmkwbVdIQjd5Q1E6MQ

Ben Kochie

May 3, 2012, 10:50:38 AM5/3/12
to SF2G
Thanks to everyone signing up so far. We have 4 bayway people and one
each for skyline and millbway. It would be nice to get one more ride
leader for the other two rides.

Ben Kochie

May 3, 2012, 12:37:33 PM5/3/12
to SF2G

Also. Does anyone want to lead an east bayway?

Nathan Dushman

May 3, 2012, 1:39:30 PM5/3/12
to SF2G
On May 3, 9:37 am, Ben Kochie <sup...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Also. Does anyone want to lead an east bayway?

Is there demand for one? I'd consider it. I stop in Menlo Park, but
that's far enough to meet up with the standard Bayway and the timing
could work.

Nathan

Scott Crosby

May 3, 2012, 1:48:48 PM5/3/12
to n...@abtech.org, SF2G
I'd kinda favor less splintering, more mass on the main routes.  more people = more fun.

Jason Thorpe

May 3, 2012, 1:59:48 PM5/3/12
to scr...@gmail.com, n...@abtech.org, SF2G

On May 3, 2012, at 10:48 AM, Scott Crosby <scr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd kinda favor less splintering, more mass on the main routes. more people = more fun.

+1 to the BTWD MEGA POSSE

-- thorpej

Ryan Anderson

May 3, 2012, 2:04:08 PM5/3/12
to scr...@gmail.com, n...@abtech.org, SF2G
I was kinda near the front last year on BTWD, and watching the line of
people showing up at the water stop was amazing.

It was bikes as far back as I could see, along the route.
--
Ryan

Ben Kochie

May 3, 2012, 2:09:48 PM5/3/12
to n...@abtech.org, SF2G
True. I just wanted to see if anyone was planning to do it. afaik,
there isn't much demand.

Guilherme Germoglio

May 3, 2012, 2:14:24 PM5/3/12
to sf...@googlegroups.com, scr...@gmail.com, n...@abtech.org
hm.. I signed up to lead skyline (or sweep, considering my speed), but it seems that the good old bayway will be more fun.

Nathan Davis

May 3, 2012, 3:42:29 PM5/3/12
to germ...@gmail.com, sf...@googlegroups.com, scr...@gmail.com, n...@abtech.org
I've done Skyline the last two BTWDs, and I'd be happy to help lead a ride again this year (probably sweep realistically) if needed. If not, I'll probably join the peloton for Bayway this year.

-- Nathan

Peter Chang

May 3, 2012, 4:18:48 PM5/3/12
to SF2G
2012/5/3 Scott Crosby <scr...@gmail.com>:
> I'd kinda favor less splintering, more mass on the main routes.  more people
> = more fun.

to tie threads together, if all 1500 sf2g-ers + random
bi(cycle)-curious show up we could take over the roads on all the
major routes.

\p

Julien Silland

May 3, 2012, 4:55:46 PM5/3/12
to nad...@google.com, germ...@gmail.com, sf...@googlegroups.com, scr...@gmail.com, n...@abtech.org
I was planning on doing Skyline this year again — I feel like I'm getting my share of large group rides with FFFF already and I haven't ridden Skyline in much too long. IIRC, the Skyline group was between 15 and 20 ppl, so I think there is demand for it. Happy to lead or sweep as needed (to RWC only).

-j

Peter Colijn

May 3, 2012, 4:58:22 PM5/3/12
to jsil...@gmail.com, nad...@google.com, germ...@gmail.com, sf...@googlegroups.com, scr...@gmail.com, n...@abtech.org
If it's skyline yer after, come out for some rides during 5d1w. I'm
with Scott on this one, it's awesome to have a huge group riding
bayway on BTWD.

Peter

Peter Chang

May 3, 2012, 5:03:53 PM5/3/12
to caff...@colijn.ca, jsil...@gmail.com, nad...@google.com, germ...@gmail.com, sf...@googlegroups.com, scr...@gmail.com, n...@abtech.org
2012/5/3 Peter Colijn <caff...@colijn.ca>:
> I'm with Scott on this one, it's awesome to have a huge group riding
> bayway on BTWD.

and we can enilyks like last year!

\p

Ryan Anderson

May 3, 2012, 5:42:07 PM5/3/12
to d...@google.com, SF2G
Hell, with that many we might as well just take a lane on 101.

--
Ryan

Nathan Dushman

May 3, 2012, 9:12:00 PM5/3/12
to SF2G
Tying a couple things together here... the motivation for doing an
east bayway would be to allow more people - particularly those living
in the east bay - to join in the fun. I wouldn't present it as an
alternative to BTWD Bayway. However, I am thinking about substituting
a middle-east bayway for Skyline during 5D5W, since I expect to get my
fill of Skyline the week after during 5D1W.

Nathan

On May 3, 1:58 pm, Peter Colijn <caffe...@colijn.ca> wrote:
> If it's skyline yer after, come out for some rides during 5d1w. I'm
> with Scott on this one, it's awesome to have a huge group riding
> bayway on BTWD.
>
> Peter

Amanda Robinson

May 3, 2012, 9:35:36 PM5/3/12
to n...@abtech.org, SF2G
Two years ago, I 'led' the East Bay contingent onto BART to meet up with Bayway. That worked fine; there were only 2 other riders.

Hard to say if more people would ride down the East Bay, if that option were available. But I doubt it would really splinter many people off to offer an East Bay option--especially if the messaging is something like 'Live in the East Bay? Then do the Middle East Bayway with ___, meeting at ___ place at ___ time'

As for Skyline on BTWD... You can do Skyline any time. I'm not all that particular, especially since I'm not sure I can BTW that D, but that's just my 2¢.

Brett Lider

May 3, 2012, 9:36:03 PM5/3/12
to sup...@gmail.com, SF2G
I co-led Millbway last year. I'd like to think that might earn me a Bayway lead spot this year.

Sent from my iPhone

Dan Yang (Millbrae-Santa Clara)

May 4, 2012, 1:26:39 AM5/4/12
to sf...@googlegroups.com, sup...@gmail.com
I just signed up to lead a Millbway ride for BTWD...

Peter Chang

May 4, 2012, 1:28:17 PM5/4/12
to SF2G
2012/5/3 Amanda Robinson <amanda....@gmail.com>:
> As for Skyline on BTWD... You can do Skyline any time.

last year, there were a surprising (to me) number of people doing the
skyline variant. that being said, i'm all for the bt(f)wd horde.

\p