Fri 3/24 RRR S2.75 SEX 6:30

Dave Borowitz

Mar 22, 2017, 3:36:11 PM3/22/17
to SF2G
Yeah I know it's supposed to rain, but this is the one day on this trip when I can ride in, so I'm riding rain or shine. Keeping the pace nice and friendly due to Brompton and lack of hills where I live. Can be flexible on rollout time and route.

Dave Borowitz

Mar 23, 2017, 1:05:39 PM3/23/17
to SF2G
Bump.

(Currently my Brompton isn't rideable due to a snapped chain tensioner, but in theory this shop in MTV has the part I need in stock and I should be able to get it all fixed this afternoon.)

Peter Colijn

Mar 23, 2017, 1:31:23 PM3/23/17
to Dave Borowitz, SF2G
+1 0640 alemanyell

---

Dave Borowitz

Mar 23, 2017, 5:49:06 PM3/23/17
to Peter Colijn, SF2G
Sadly, I have to cancel.

Apparently the chain tensioner is different between the 2-speed and 1-speed and the only one they had in stock was a 1-speed. I managed to limp 2 miles with no derailleur this morning, but not gonna work for SF2G.

Amusingly, while researching this part, I found a site that sells a variety of after-market tensioners in expensive materials of your choice, from machined aluminum, at an affordable $225, up to carbon for $650 (for which price you could instead get a Di2 rear derailleur).