<OT> superblocks

Dave Blizard

Sep 28, 2016, 3:14:56 PM9/28/16
to SF2G

Ken MacInnis

Sep 28, 2016, 3:41:09 PM9/28/16
to daveb...@gmail.com, SF2G
This is super neat! It amazes me that SF relies on two way streets + stop signs for massive transportation corridors, and generally cares little about forcing cars, buses, pedestrians, and bikes to all fight for the same spaces.

I'd settle for leadership that decides parks aren't for through traffic, but think we'd need to go back to at-large supervisors to get this sort of thing done.
On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 12:14 Dave Blizard <daveb...@gmail.com> wrote:

---

Elliot Schwartz

Sep 29, 2016, 12:50:36 AM9/29/16
to Ken MacInnis, Dave Blizard, SF2G
I haven't watched the video yet, but SF has lots of one-way streets Downtown and in SOMA:
Most of them are also part of the 12% of street-miles that were responsible for 65% to 75% of injuries:

---

ammon

djconnel

Oct 6, 2016, 11:48:17 AM10/6/16
to SF2G
Superblocks are a war on cars, a war on the elderly, a war on energy, and, you know, grocery tax.

Sure: we're for transit first and vision zero but you need a balanced approach, meaning one which never inconveniences any driver in any way.