Fri 1/13 SEX 710 Alemanyell S2.9

Cordelia Link

Jan 12, 2017, 12:53:33 PM1/12/17
to SF2G
Easier pace for Friday and my level of tiredness. Planning to take the Skyline descent from Sharp Park->Sneath, the 280s, and the Crystal Spring descent with extra caution because of probable debris.

Slightly flexible on rollout in the earlier direction but I'm trying to minimize the amount of time spent riding in the dark.

Erik Homs

Jan 12, 2017, 1:30:16 PM1/12/17
to SF2G
Not a +1 but a question, is the crystal springs path open? Or is it also full of debris?

Cordelia Link

Jan 12, 2017, 1:49:24 PM1/12/17
to SF2G
Not sure what you mean by the crystal springs path. I was referring to the road.

Mike Gregory

Jan 12, 2017, 9:01:39 PM1/12/17
to SF2G
+2 leaving from dog patch. What is the meeting point? Don't know Alemanyell.

Peter Colijn

Jan 12, 2017, 9:05:03 PM1/12/17
to michaelja...@gmail.com, SF2G
Alemanyell is the intersection of Alemany & Lyell:

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 6:01 PM, Mike Gregory <michaelja...@gmail.com> wrote:
+2 leaving from dog patch. What is the meeting point? Don't know Alemanyell.

---

Cordelia Link

Jan 12, 2017, 9:24:38 PM1/12/17
to SF2G
If you want a dogpatch meeting point let's say 650 from Philz on Minnesota.

Mike Gregory

Jan 12, 2017, 9:35:21 PM1/12/17
to cordel...@gmail.com, SF2G
650 Philz on Min. is perfect.

Michael Gregory

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "SF2G" group.

bonnie

Jan 13, 2017, 9:19:09 AM1/13/17
to SF2G
+1 alemanylyell

Cordelia Link

Jan 13, 2017, 9:50:35 AM1/13/17
to SF2G, bon...@tmbox.com
Rolling
On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 6:19 AM bonnie <bon...@tmbox.com> wrote:
+1 alemanylyell

---

Cordelia Link

Jan 13, 2017, 3:33:56 PM1/13/17
to SF2G, bon...@tmbox.com
Conditions update in case anyone's following along at home:

- There was some debris on the shoulder in the middle of the Skyline descent to Sneath. I took the lane to avoid it for a few hundred feet.
- Both 280s were surprisingly clear (and dry!). There was a bit at the beginning of the first 280 where there's not much space between the white line and some miscellaneous tree sheddings, but it's enough for a bike. The second 280 has plenty of branches but several good lines that avoid them (though probably not a good place to follow the next wheel closely)
- The roads were pretty dry except for this one inexplicably wet section on the rollers. Just water though, no debris.
- Didn't see any rocks on Crystal Springs. It was cold though and the creek by the road is much more impressive looking than usual.