OT: Sweat band

Justin!

Sep 19, 2017, 5:53:02 PM9/19/17
to SF2G
I have a consistent issue with my sunglasses fogging/sweating up and someone suggested that part of the issue could be head sweat. Does anyone have some kind of sweat band or liner or something like that that works well and that you would recommend? I know some people like wearing cycling caps, but I'm not planning to do that because I think it could interfere with proper helmet fit.

Mike Gregory

Sep 19, 2017, 7:14:44 PM9/19/17
to SF2G
Guy I ride with was talking up this GUTR thing the other day. Says it works great.
https://www.sweatgutr.com/

Paul Chomsky

Sep 20, 2017, 1:09:18 AM9/20/17
to roja...@gmail.com, SF2G
what sunglasses do you have?  Some of my sunglasses have holes in them so that the air passes through a bit and blows off the condensation.

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 2:53 PM, Justin! <roja...@gmail.com> wrote:
 I have a consistent issue with my sunglasses fogging/sweating up and someone suggested that part of the issue could be head sweat.  Does anyone have some kind of sweat band or liner or something like that that works well and that you would recommend? I know some people like wearing cycling caps, but I'm not planning to do that because I think it could interfere with proper helmet fit.

---

Patrick Lea

Sep 20, 2017, 1:31:18 AM9/20/17
to Paul Chomsky, A Roja, SF2G
I have a couple of headsweats shorties. I find they do a great job delaying sweat dripping on my glasses, but really only for like 6-7 miles in the summer. I end up wearing them all the time when I ride so the helmet does not need to be adjusted. They fit me relatively large head and don't interfere with my ears or glasses. I tried a different skull cap but it comes down further which I don't like. Might have to try that sweat gutr thing but it seem weird.

Brad Simeral

Sep 20, 2017, 3:12:55 PM9/20/17
to SF2G
These were given away last year at Levi's Granfodo: haven't tried one out yet though:

Mike Gregory

Sep 20, 2017, 3:26:44 PM9/20/17
to bsim...@gmail.com, SF2G
That looks like what my friend called a GUTR.

Michael Gregory

Christine Ryan

Sep 20, 2017, 3:31:52 PM9/20/17
to michaelja...@gmail.com, Brad Simeral, SF2G
Sweat Gutr is just another brand (it's distributed by this company: https://www.pronetcycling.com/)...happened to see them this morning on the list of exhibitors at Interbike.

Ted Ketai

Sep 21, 2017, 12:10:53 AM9/21/17
to Christine Ryan, SF2G, michaelja...@gmail.com, Brad Simeral
I don't understand why a cycling cap would interfere with helmet fit. Works fine for everybody else.

Justin!

Sep 21, 2017, 8:15:01 PM9/21/17
to SF2G
@ Ted - I think it's probably ok as long as it doesn't mess up your fit but I've always been a little worried

http://www.livestrong.com/article/360820-can-you-wear-a-visor-or-hat-with-your-bicycle-helmet/

Patrick Lea

Sep 22, 2017, 1:59:34 AM9/22/17
to A Roja, SF2G
That article says it is all about the bulk. I will say I have tried a cycling cap and thought it messed with my helmet fit, but that very well could the combo of the three I had. As for my current setup I have a hard time believing that my helmet sits too high as the skull cap plus short hair that is excellent at hide and seek has to be less bulky than longer fuller hair of my past. I get a baseball cap, but a cycling cap is pretty different.

On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 5:15 PM, Justin! <roja...@gmail.com> wrote:
@ Ted - I think it's probably ok as long as it doesn't mess up your fit but I've always been a little worried

http://www.livestrong.com/article/360820-can-you-wear-a-visor-or-hat-with-your-bicycle-helmet/

Patrick Lea

Sep 22, 2017, 2:05:26 AM9/22/17
to A Roja, SF2G

Kurt Wallace Martin

Sep 22, 2017, 11:39:45 AM9/22/17
to patri...@gmail.com, A Roja, SF2G
I’m no LIVESTRONG expert, but I’m pretty sure I can spin the little wheel at the back of my helmet to accommodate a standard cycling cap.

Ken Macinnis

Sep 22, 2017, 11:43:53 AM9/22/17
to kurtk...@gmail.com, Patrick Lea, A Roja, SF2G
Also not a LIVESTRONG expert, but was hoping that my lack of hair made a closer helmet fit even safer. Oh, well.

Nick G

R Samuel Klatchko

Sep 25, 2017, 2:51:43 PM9/25/17
to SF2G