OT: Sierra east side riding

Yvonne Yip

Nov 20, 2015, 1:09:20 PM11/20/15
to SF2G
I'm headed to Bishop for Thanksgiving and thought I might ride some of the roads over there, if they're not covered with snow, e.g. Onion Valley Rd, White Mountain...

Does anyone have experience with that area? I'm familiar with the altitude and the weather, but have never ridden a bike there.

Also, I'm going to be near Burbank Tuesday and Wednesday. Let me know if you're in the area and want to ride!

Christine Ryan

Nov 20, 2015, 1:14:38 PM11/20/15
to yky...@gmail.com, SF2G
Did Onion Valley Road the May before last as part of a stage race (though I was doing it more as a mullet)...gorgeous scenery, fun climb...the lower stretches were rather hot, but that was May. I'd guess it coukd be quite cold up top now, as the temp diff then was easily 30+ degrees. Great descent!!!
---

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Justin!

Nov 20, 2015, 10:33:41 PM11/20/15
to SF2G
Maybe some of these roads: http://www.fallcentury.org

djconnel

Nov 20, 2015, 11:47:25 PM11/20/15
to SF2G
Onion Valley road is perhaps the most impressive climb in California. Really incredible!

The climb to the bristlecone forest is also really cool. Not as dramatic but the bristlecone forest bear 10000 ft elevation is amazing.