HMBway next week? Possibly Tuesday?

Keith Whitwell

Apr 12, 2018, 5:19:54 PM4/12/18
to SF2G
So I'm up for some sort of HMB next week.  I can do any day except Thursday, so Tuesday is an obvious choice...

Thinking about some possible variants - one possibility is Lobitos Creek variant on Tunitas, then right on Skyline, down 82, PV, etc:

A bigger option is going further south, eg. to Pescadero, which would probably involve a stop for coffee & cake.

Thoughts??

Kurt Wallace Martin

Apr 12, 2018, 5:27:04 PM4/12/18
to Keith Whitwell, SF2G
I can’t access that page but I’d be down for Tuesday or maybe Wednesday, for sure.

Kurt
---

Keith Whitwell

Apr 12, 2018, 5:43:04 PM4/12/18
to SF2G
Made the route public....

Kurt Wallace Martin

Apr 12, 2018, 5:47:12 PM4/12/18
to Keith Whitwell, SF2G
Looks good - I would probably peel off @ Sand Hill.

Kurt

Jordan Kestler

Apr 12, 2018, 7:00:26 PM4/12/18
to ku...@bikesmakelifebetter.com, Keith Whitwell, SF2G
I'm in, my vote is for Tuesday.

---

Rob

Apr 16, 2018, 3:21:17 AM4/16/18
to SF2G
i like purisima over the lobitos / tunitas but lobitos / tunitas is also pretty good. i'm writing to let you know of a little bonus, west bear gulch, which you'll pass on skyline after skeggs just as the downhill starts. it's a dead end road (say hi to neil young), but good view and good gradient. think it is about 2 miles down, so 4 mile detour.

Rob

Apr 16, 2018, 5:05:20 AM4/16/18
to SF2G
theme songs are hard -- was going to do a neil young song (cowgirl in the sand) but listening to the lyrics it seems like it is about statutory rape. so i'ts not xmas but here's the theme song:

Keith Whitwell

Apr 16, 2018, 11:18:41 AM4/16/18
to SF2G
I’d like to try purissima at some point but I’ll need it to be properly dry before I have any chance of making it up on my circa-2012 race bike with minimal tyre clearances...

James Hsu

Apr 16, 2018, 11:45:27 AM4/16/18
to SF2G
will be in for the first half -> skyline

Rob

Apr 17, 2018, 5:11:29 AM4/17/18
to SF2G
I used to ride it on this bike:

https://www.specialized.com/jp/en/allez-steel-double/p/23431

It fit 25s but clearance was tight. I haven’t been up it this year but usually there isn’t a ton of debris. Granted, I’ve seen photos of Marion’s bike clogged.

Hicks / purisima is worth it — next hmbw.

Rob

Apr 18, 2018, 9:27:32 PM4/18/18
to SF2G

On Tuesday, April 17, 2018 at 2:11:29 AM UTC-7, Rob wrote:
It fit 25s but clearance was tight. I haven’t been up it this year but usually there isn’t a ton of debris. Granted, I’ve seen photos of Marion’s bike clogged.

Hicks / purisima

*higgins.

so there is a vodka from HMB named purissima -- why the double 's'?

Keith Whitwell

Apr 20, 2018, 1:20:19 AM4/20/18
to SF2G
So I’m up for trying purissima next Tuesday. If anyone is interested in joining, I’ll post up the ride.

ammon

Apr 20, 2018, 3:23:13 AM4/20/18
to SF2G

Purissima is a ghost town in southwestern San Mateo CountyCalifornia, United States, near the junction of State Route 1and Verde Road. Purísima means "purest" in Spanish and is most commonly used in Spanish to refer to La Purísima Concepción (the Immaculate Conception) of the Virgin Mary (note historical misspelling in English resulting in double "s"—or perhaps spelling comes from the local Portuguese influence, where the spelling from A Puríssima Conceição would be correct).

Jordan Kestler

Apr 20, 2018, 11:29:39 AM4/20/18
to skidp...@gmail.com, SF2G
+1 for purrisima, I might even bust out my cx bike

Kurt Wallace Martin

Apr 20, 2018, 1:09:05 PM4/20/18
to jordan...@gmail.com, skidp...@gmail.com, SF2G
+1 fo sho

Kurt

Keith Whitwell

Apr 20, 2018, 7:53:39 PM4/20/18
to SF2G
My vote would be to push purissima out for another week to be sure it's dried out & do West Alpine this week...

Keith
Message has been deleted