OT: MTB tomorrow (sat 8/20)?

Alexandre Passos

Aug 19, 2016, 1:20:45 PM8/19/16
to SF2G, Scott Johnston
I was thinking of riding tamarancho but I don't feel like riding all the way there and the first ferry there only leaves 12:30 from the city so maybe we can ride there and ferry back?

Also open to riding pretty much anywhere else people ride mountain bikes since I'm new to this. Can be convinced to ride sunday afternoon as well but prefer tomorrow.

--
 - Alexandre

Scott Johnston

Aug 19, 2016, 1:55:32 PM8/19/16
to Alexandre Passos, SF2G, mit-cycling-west
I'm thinking a Su afternoon MTB ride on the peninsula so I can get into lab. Russian ridge, black mountain, waterdog, etc. Let me know if anyone's interested!

Scott Johnston

Aug 19, 2016, 7:17:48 PM8/19/16
to Alexandre Passos, SF2G, mit-cycling-west
My plans changed: I'm up for Sa now! Tamarancho sounds far and hot to me, though. I'd be inclined to something cooler like ride kings to skeggs from PA, or ride some of the stuff around pacifica (baquiano to montara mountain or something), or even just screw around in SF, whatever's not 80 degrees.

Alexandre Passos

Aug 19, 2016, 7:20:26 PM8/19/16
to Scott Johnston, mit-cycling-west, SF2G

Ok sounds good to me. I've been doing a bunch of skeggs but not enough yet to know my way around. What's in montara mountain other than pota and that fire road up?

I'm up for whatever.

---

ammon

Aug 19, 2016, 8:02:40 PM8/19/16
to SF2G, wamp...@gmail.com, mit-cycl...@mit.edu
Just south of pota is Rancho Corral de Tierra, a recent GGNRA purchase and open to the public. I've tried everything but the parts in El Granada: https://www.strava.com/activities/305937727

Chris Merrill

Aug 19, 2016, 9:33:55 PM8/19/16
to skidp...@gmail.com, SF2G, wamp...@gmail.com, mit-cycl...@mit.edu
+1 to whatever it is

Scott Johnston

Aug 20, 2016, 2:59:00 AM8/20/16
to Chris Merrill, ammon skidmore, SF2G
My plan's noon bullet to Stanford, lunch on the train, quickly drop off my lunch tupperwares in my office, then ride out from there. If it's not too hot, Russian ridge is nice since you get on dirt a lot sooner than skeggs, but I think the ride up to skeggs is a tad cooler. I'd also be totally cool with taking the 1:15 train. Might actually make my morning less exciting, though I do want to be back at Stanford by 5:30.

Alexandre Passos

Aug 20, 2016, 8:56:52 AM8/20/16
to Scott Johnston, Christopher Merrill, SF2G, ammon skidmore

I prefer the bullet since I'd love to be back in the city by 6:30 (optimistic I know)