OT: moots dealer recommendation

Devon Proctor

Sep 19, 2017, 2:37:36 PM9/19/17
to SF2G
I'm looking at buying a Moots Baxter 29" as a bikepacking/travel mtb, and am trying to decide which Moots dealer to go with.

I don't expect there to be a big difference on price, so ideally I'd find a local dealer that is pleasant to work with and knows what they're doing (with respect to Moots in particular).

There are a number of local dealers. I came away impressed from a phone call with Wrench Science in Berkeley, and less so with Big Swingin' Cycles in SF. Palo Alto Bikes also carries Moots, as do a few in Marin/Sonoma/Santa Cruz.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Devon

Ben Kochie

Sep 19, 2017, 2:42:07 PM9/19/17
to devon....@gmail.com, SF2G
Studio Velo is a good one.

---

Mike Gregory

Sep 19, 2017, 7:15:37 PM9/19/17
to SF2G
+1 Studio Velo

Patrick Lea

Sep 20, 2017, 1:34:29 AM9/20/17
to michaelja...@gmail.com, SF2G
When I was at Stanford I really like Palo Alto Bikes. They were friendly and helpful when I have been for service or to purchase things. Don't know how they are to buy a bike from though.

Devon Proctor

Sep 21, 2017, 4:41:53 PM9/21/17
to patri...@gmail.com, michaelja...@gmail.com, SF2G

Thanks for the tips! It turns out studio velo has a very close connection with moots, and is actually the largest moots dealer in the world, so I'm going to go with them.