OT: Chilco -> Newbridge -> Bay

Bret Lobree

Jul 28, 2015, 3:23:17 PM7/28/15
to SF2G
Anyone ever done this route through EPA rather than the normal route? Why is google routing me this way? Is it worse than that right onto Univ left onto Purdue?

Cordelia Link

Jul 28, 2015, 3:30:30 PM7/28/15
to SF2G, blo...@gmail.com
I've done this before, it's a fine routing. I tend to do it more when I'm solo because it avoids the scary merge and left turn off University. It's probably a little slower though depending on how fast you're going because there's a lot of stop signs.

I think there's another alternative which involves getting on E Bayshore earlier but I'm not as familiar with the turns on that.

Nathan Dushman

Jul 28, 2015, 4:05:31 PM7/28/15
to SF2G, cordel...@gmail.com
The left to Purdue can be challenging. Here's another thread asking almost exactly the same question:
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/sf2g/MsTWrNIQJgk/discussion

Dave Borowitz

Jul 28, 2015, 4:18:08 PM7/28/15
to n...@abtech.org, SF2G, cordel...@gmail.com

To make it to Bayshore earlier you turn right off Newbridge onto Saratoga immediately after Willow; Saratoga turns into Bayshore. This takes you through EPA past Ikea, etc. Cuts about a mile off the standard route, and saves a couple minutes.

---

Peter Colijn

Jul 28, 2015, 4:21:23 PM7/28/15
to Dave Borowitz, SF2G, Cordelia Link, n...@abtech.org

Yep, that's what I do when I'm solo usually.