Fri 5/22 0540 HMBW via ??? @ JD/S S2

Alan Antonuk

May 21, 2015, 1:30:58 PM5/21/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
Last day of this madness, or my attempt at 5d1w HMBW challenge.

This ride aims to arrive at Goog ~9:30a give or take, thus I'm starting a bit earlier, likely going a bit further faster, won't be making a pitstop, and won't be waiting for regroups.

If you're not ok with the above, welp, there is no 5:55 ride from CR on Friday; however there is a largish group doing the reverse commute with stops for food starting 4:30p Friday. It'll be friendly, you can avoid the concert traffic around Shoreline, you should go!

Given how torched my legs were today, I'll be making a game-time decision as to how I get back into the valley after hitting HMB: it might be 92, it could also be 84, might even be something in between. Though dirt is unlikely unless I drag my CX gears out of hiberation.

-Alan

Alan Antonuk

May 22, 2015, 12:47:20 PM5/22/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com
... And done via Lobitos/Tunitas

Notes:
- the legs feel much less trashed this morning. Probably could've made it out to alpine given a slightly earlier start.

- was dry all the way up to the climb, a little damp on the descent hAd me going rather slow (yay gatorskins)

- Portola always feels like a slog

- I can't wait to sleep in a bit tomorrow

- I did all this for a t-shirt?!?

Lina Mårtensson

May 22, 2015, 1:18:25 PM5/22/15
to Alan Antonuk, SF2G
Yay!! Very nice.

---

Peter Colijn

May 22, 2015, 1:19:00 PM5/22/15
to Alan Antonuk, SF2G
Congrats!

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 9:47 AM, Alan Antonuk <alan.a...@gmail.com> wrote:
- I did all this for a t-shirt?!?

Don't forget the glory!

Ryan Minobe

May 22, 2015, 1:25:16 PM5/22/15
to sf...@googlegroups.com, alan.a...@gmail.com
Nice job!  You've unlocked the ability to buy an $80 t-shirt from Peter!  :)

Peter Colijn

May 22, 2015, 1:29:00 PM5/22/15
to Ryan Minobe, SF2G, Alan Antonuk
Nope, Colijn industries does not operate the same way Strava does. Prizes are actual prizes. All you have to do is show up at a party [1].

[1] there might be a "small bump" involved in getting there