OT: WTB decent used road wheelset

Brian Sullivan

Nov 20, 2016, 11:37:44 AM11/20/16
to SF2G
TLDR: Does anyone have a "decent" set of road wheels sitting around they'd be willing to sell. Decent would be defined as quality for 60 to 100 mile rides and still a good bit of life left in them. Don't need anything racy or carbon, but reliable and not a brick. Rider is 140ish lbs.  Thinking decent Shimanos, Mavic open pros or the like. Ones that would likely go for about $350ish new.

My girlfriends wheels started breaking spokes and the local bike shop suggested replacing the set instead of rebuilding them. She is finishing up her residency, so with a limited budget, she appreciates a the value of a fair deal on used gear. Craigslist in the bay area didn't have too many options, Sports Basement on Bryant had nothing, so thought I'd try here.

We are located in SF, but anything in reason makes sense.

best,
brian