Vintage technical documents for Adler industrial sewing machines

sew24_Admin

Oct 19, 2011, 11:22:48 AM10/19/11
to se...@googlegroups.com
Dürkopp Adler has started to post historical technical documents for Adler sewing machines. There are already overviews about cording, binding and piping sewing gauges and hemmers. Others will follow soon.
Who needs more? And what? Please comment so that we can add more information.
Thanks

Trox

Oct 22, 2011, 11:08:38 PM10/22/11
to se...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I am a leatherworker from Norway; I use and collect Adler/Dürkopp Adler sewing machines.
First, I want to thank you for making the part list and manuals for the old classes available for download.
I have a two old Adler machines that I need new shuttle hooks for, a class 105-25 MO and a class 5-27.
They both use the same hook a small open frame hook with an old type tension spring.

The part number for the class 5 is # 05 195 and bobbin # 05 242. However, the class 105-25 Mo (that uses the same shuttle), I cannot find the right part number for. I can see from the part list it has been an amendment; it is a new shuttle and shuttle driver in the class 105.
But what is the old part number of the original shuttle that my machine has.
If I had the correct part number, I would be one-step further on my way to get the right shuttle. I have many part list for the class 104 and 105 but non-that shows the shuttle that is in my machine. The only thing I know is that both my machine uses the same shuttle and the same shuttle size as the Singer 45K. However, the only part number I have is an obsolete one. Is there somebody in Dürkopp Adler that can answer me or tell me where to get this right part number?
In advance thanks,
Trox

sew24_Admin

Oct 24, 2011, 4:07:31 AM10/24/11
to se...@googlegroups.com
Hi Trox,
for the shuttle of class 105-MO 25, there are a lot of old numbers which have been replaced, referring to the part list amendment "Shuttle changes" in the 105 parts book:

065 00 185 4 Shuttle           replaced by 0204 150104
105 15 005 3 driver              replaced by 0105 150053
020 00 201 0 bobbin            replaced by 0020 002010
065 00 186 0 bobbin case    not available anymore please use complete shuttle 0204 150104
065 00185 0 shuttle frame   not available anymore, please use complete shuttle 0204 150104
992 12 240 7 screw            replaced by 0992 122407
992 00 812 0 screw            replaced by 0992 008120
992 00 560 0 screw            replaced by 0992 005600
992 01 729 0 pin                replaced by 0992 017290

I hope this information is helpful for you.

sew24_Admin

Trox

Oct 24, 2011, 8:40:21 PM10/24/11
to se...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your answer,
but I am afraid that is this is not an answer to my question.
The part number #
0204 150104 is a shuttle I already have, that fit my Adler 204-64. There I no way, that you can fit that shuttle I my 105-25 Mo or old class 5-27 machines.

This is a much bigger shuttle; to use this I must change many other parts too. Together it will cost me more than buying a new Chinese leather sewing machine. Every dealer around the world has told me different part numbers, this is a jungle. I am sorry, when I ask the Dürkopp Adler agent in Norway they quoted me this same shuttle # 0204 150104.

I have two question for you; is the shuttle # 065 00 185 4 the same size as the # 0204 150104, Interchangeable?

What shuttle came with the first 105-25 MO sold, before they changed the shuttle to the # 065 00 185 4, was it this #005 00 290 4?

Or what is the original part number on the shuttle the machine was first produced with?

There has to be someone there in the company that knows this.

For information to others.

I found an old original part list for my Adler 5-27 (the forerunner of the class 105) in an antiquarian in Austria.

The shuttle for the class 5 machine have the # 05 195 and bobbin # 05 242.

(The bobbin for the closed frame shuttle #005 00 290 4 is # 005 00 242 0, do you see something similar? Take away some zero’s and you will have the same part number as the class 5 bobbin that fit. I think the shuttle

#005 00 290 4 maybe is the one that fit, because it uses the same bobbin)

This shuttle is exactly the same as in my 105-25 MO. A small open frame shuttle

.

And it is the same size as the Singer 45K ( But the 45K uses a closed frame one with bit different hook tip, some also uses a open frame one)

I can not understand why DA can change a part number in a part list with out writing down the old one in the same part list. For this is machines that last longer than a lifetime, I have an old class 5 in new condition. The only wear you will find on this old sewing machines (including the class 105) is the tension screws, on their original shuttle (bobbin tension screw). The screw is too small, (2, 4 mm) and the head wears out fast. I got three shuttles with the same problem. That is of course why they changed it.

If you got some more information about this, I am sure it will be of interests for owners of old class 5 and 105 sewing machines.

In advance thanks.

Best regards

Trox

sew24_Admin

Oct 25, 2011, 3:41:34 AM10/25/11
to sew24
Dear Trox,

thanks for your comment, which was really valuable. Indeed, there was
a change in the construction of the machine, and the parts list was
changed.
Initially, the 105-MO25 had a small shuttle like the 105-6, later it
was changed to a large shuttle.
Unfortunately, the documentation (which is more than 40 years old) is
not clear in this respect. We will change it, so that it will contain
also the information about the former small shuttle.

The small shuttle has the number 0005 002904 and is available on
stock.
The big shuttle had the old number 065 00 185 4 and is replaced by
0204 150104

So, I hope now your problem is solved.

sew24_Admin

On 25 Okt., 02:40, Trox <tor.k.rougs...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Thanks for your answer,
> but I am afraid that is this is not an answer to my question.
> The part number # 0204 150104 is a shuttle I already have, that fit my Adler
> 204-64. There I no way, that you can fit that shuttle I my 105-25 Mo or old
> class 5-27 machines.
>
> This is a much bigger shuttle; to use this I must change many other parts
> too. Together it will cost me more than buying a new Chinese leather sewing
> machine. Every dealer around the world has told me different part numbers,
> this is a jungle. I am sorry, when I ask the Dürkopp Adler agent in Norway
> they quoted me this same shuttle # 0204 150104.
>
> I have two question for you; *is the shuttle # 065 00 185 4 the same size as
> the # 0204 150104, Interchangeable?
> *
>
> *
>
> What shuttle came with the first 105-25 MO sold, before they changed the
> shuttle to the # 065 00 185 4, was it this #005 00 290 4?
>
> Or what is the original part number on the shuttle the machine was first
> produced with?
> *
>
> There has to be someone there in the company that knows this.
>
> For information to others.
>
> I found an old original part list for my Adler 5-27 (the forerunner of the
> class 105) in an antiquarian in Austria.
>
> The shuttle for the class 5 machine have the # 05 195 and bobbin # 05 242.
> *
>
> (The bobbin for the closed frame shuttle #005 00 290 4 is # 005 00 242 0, do
> you see something similar? Take away some zero’s and you will have the same
> part number as the class 5 bobbin that fit. I think the shuttle #005 00 290
> 4 maybe is the one that fit, because it uses the same bobbin*)
> *
>
> This shuttle is exactly the same as in my 105-25 MO. A small open frame
> shuttle*.

Trox

Oct 25, 2011, 6:40:20 PM10/25/11
to se...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Thomas,
This answer is very helpful to me. Now I know what to order for my machine. I also know the shuttle # 005 00 290 4 will fit my obsolete class 5-27, other class 5 and 4 machines too. I wonder what part number the small open frame shuttle had, because the # 005 00 290 4 is a closed frame shuttle, mine is an open frame one. Thanks you for the answer and for supporting us with old Adler sewing machines. I heard about this blog on leatherworker.net, keep up the good work. Thanks
Trox

Tor K Rougseth

Oct 25, 2011, 6:43:40 PM10/25/11
to se...@googlegroups.com