CQRS/REST

wayne douglas

Dec 17, 2014, 5:31:44 AM12/17/14
to servic...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I am intrigued by CQRS/ES and obviously DDD.

I am modeling a system (in my head) where a CQRS backend (using some sort of event store) would be access through a REST service.

I appreciate this is very vague but I am just trying to figure out how these things click together - esp in terms of SS - I understand the consensus on HATEOAS is negative and TBH making a service a state machine sounds a little like a rabbit hole.

What are peoples thoughts on this?

In my mind REST is a CRUD abstraction which removes intent so I'm not sure that (without some mechanism to maintain intent) REST + CQRS are a fit.

Thoughts?

w://

wayne douglas

Dec 17, 2014, 5:32:41 AM12/17/14
to servic...@googlegroups.com
I have been discussing this on the DDD/CQRS list but my questions are getting more and more implementation (which is SS) so I am asking here :)