Request throttling

Carlos Mendes

Jun 11, 2012, 1:23:02 PM6/11/12
to servic...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

any ideas (or sample implementations) of a request throttling mechanism to use with ServiceStack?

Demis Bellot

Jun 11, 2012, 1:34:54 PM6/11/12
to servic...@googlegroups.com
You can easily create rate limiting APIs with using Redis - there are good examples on Redis's INCR page:

And if you scan google, you'll see solutions like:
http://chris6f.com/rate-limiting-with-redis

Cheers,

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 1:23 PM, Carlos Mendes <carlos.a...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

any ideas (or sample implementations) of a request throttling mechanism to use with ServiceStack?

Carlos Mendes

Jun 11, 2012, 1:51:19 PM6/11/12
to servic...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Demis,

I'll give it a try using a Request Filter
Message has been deleted

Cory Taylor

Jan 27, 2015, 9:24:26 AM1/27/15
to servic...@googlegroups.com
I know it's quite an old topic but incase others stumble across this. chris6f.com seems to be down so I wrote a post to cover how you can throttle requests with service stack.

Carlos Mendes

Jan 27, 2015, 10:20:36 AM1/27/15
to servic...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for sharing this Cory!