Enable Https, whole site or partially

alle...@gmail.com

Mar 25, 2014, 11:59:28 PM3/25/14
to servic...@googlegroups.com
I am using servicestack to build my web app and is about to deploy it to test server now.

I thought it's quite common solution that you could have login and purchasing bits over https, and have the rest of the site regular old http. But search on google remind me that I could also enable the whole site as https.

Is this a viable option to switch the whole into https? I heard some issues that https may not working well for caching and loadbalancing, and it may also stress the bandwidth.

I noticed servicestack.net is on https for whole site, by given there are not much static content it could be a easy solution to make whole site as https however my site's content may grow up over the time and I am not too sure if switch into https for whole site is a good choose.

And also how could you make partial parts of your servicestack web app as https enabled? should you make those parts(your service code + view), such as ~/login, ~/register, ~/logout, ~/myaccount, ... as a subdomain of the site, or you could just specify your setting in web.config or AppHost file without change your servicecode or viewpage(cshtml)? I am bit confused and could not find a good example on the internet, could you guys shed some lights?

Best regards,
Allen