Trouble making mesh call on two phones

Jenny Ye

Apr 9, 2012, 11:36:12 AM4/9/12
to serval-proje...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm a student trying to run a couple of trials on Serval and am hoping some of you could help me get the software running properly on my phones. I'm running the latest pre-built version as of March 2012 http://developer.servalproject.org/files/Serval-0.08.RC1.apk. I'm having trouble getting the mesh call option to work between phones. I suppose the number on the Serval Mesh icon indicates how many nearby phones there are. On both phones, I only see the number 1, even though they are both connected to the same wifi network. Hope that gives you some sense of the problem I'm dealing with.

Cheers,
Jenny

Jeremy Lakeman

Apr 9, 2012, 6:52:20 PM4/9/12
to serval-proje...@googlegroups.com
What brand of phones are you trying to use?

Some phones don't seem to receieve incoming broadcast UDP packets,
which makes it virtually impossible for them to detect each other.

Jago Pearce

Aug 18, 2012, 11:55:30 PM8/18/12
to serval-proje...@googlegroups.com
Compatibility matrix:

I can also add that my Motorola Droid Pro (vt610) GB ROM works well including mesh adhoc but my Galaxy S i9000 JB ROM only works as client and took a lot of fiddling to get it to connect to the vt610. I still can't get it to complete a call either.