[ANN] Serif version 0.4 released

Adam Prescott

Mar 18, 2013, 3:51:07 PM3/18/13
to seri...@googlegroups.com
I'm pleased to announce version 0.4 of Serif. The biggest change in this release is that there is now support for bookmarks in the admin interface: the page you're on is converted into a stub draft. Any selected text is converted into markdown as a blockquote.

(The conversion to markdown is buggy, but I've opened issues with the library I'm using to fix them.)

# Serif

Serif is a blogging system powered by markdown files and an optional
admin interface complete with drag-and-drop image uploading.

For more information, see the README:

# Changes in version 0.4

* The admin interface now supports bookmarks for quickly creating drafts. Selected text on the page will be turned into Markdown. (#50)
* Posts with a header of `update: now` will have their `Updated` timestamps updated automatically on the next generate. (#49)
* The 'markdown' filter now properly turns single quotes in Markdown into curly quotes. (#40)
* Add `archive_page` template flag set to true when processing archive pages. (#41)
* Make the `month` archive variable available to layouts as well as the archive template. (#41)
* Slop warnings on any `serif` command have been removed.
* List of posts for all archive data are correctly in reverse chronological order. (#48)