Bug or feature? trakt.tv integration

Partycrash00

Jun 24, 2011, 2:10:43 PM6/24/11
to seriesguide...@googlegroups.com
First of all: thanks for this app!

My partner and I discussed how we could synchronise this app over 3 devises (two mobiles and one tablet). There I saw the trakt.tv integration.
So I implemented one single account for us and made an update of the database. But the effect I was hoping for didn't come true. I hoped the shows would synchronise to the page. And I assumed that if I add the same account to another device this one will synchronised, too.
We haven't tested the second step yet as the first one didn't work already.
I didn't find any manual for this feature: so I don't know: is the missing synchronisation a bug or a "feature"?
In case it works as designed, I would like to put this to your whishlist.

Uwe Trottmann

Jun 27, 2011, 7:46:06 AM6/27/11
to seriesguide...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your mail! Sync with trakt.tv is not implemented (yet). For now only episodes you mark watched in Overview (tap on a show, then via the eye button) get submitted to trakt.tv. You can also mark single episodes as seen or rate them via their share button.

However: I'm currently figuring out how to do syncing right (automatically/manually? what to do when there are conflicts?) Not that easy. Just throwing a bunch of config options out there doesn't help (== confuses) most users. I'm working on experimental manual one way sync (from trakt to SeriesGuide) right now, to mark episodes watched in SeriesGuide which are marked seen on trakt. But there are already questions like should I also mark all not seen episodes on trakt as not seen on SeriesGuide while doing this sync or leave them in their current state.

Regards,

Uwe

Avner Shahar-Kashtan

Aug 5, 2012, 3:37:14 PM8/5/12
to seriesguide...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Uwe.

It's a year later, and you've implemented trakt.tv sync already (yay!), but I'm having problems similar to the OP: I'm trying to connect two devices to the same trakt.tv account. I added shows on my first phone and synced them successfully to trakt.tv. But when I try to sync from trakt.tv to my wife's phone, it doesn't work. This is the exact procedure:

1) I go into SeriesGuide->Settings->Trakt.tv.
2) I go into trakt.tv Credentials and enter my username and password and press Connect. The first time, I always get a "Something went wrong. Please check your credentials and try again." error. I press Connect again, and it exits back to the trakt.tv screen.
3) I press Sync to SeriesGuide. After a second or two, I get "There was nothing to sync".

These are two different phones (the original HTC Sensation, the problematic is Motorola Defy) linked to different Google accounts.

Is there a way to get this to work?

Thanks,
   Avner

On Monday, June 27, 2011 2:46:06 PM UTC+3, Uwe wrote:
[...]

Uwe Trottmann

Aug 6, 2012, 2:33:06 AM8/6/12
to seriesguide...@googlegroups.com
Avner,

the "Sync to SeriesGuide" button in trakt.tv settings only downloads watched flags for episodes already in your devices SeriesGuide database. Therefore you need to have shows added to SeriesGuide on the device first (use the + button, then the "Library" tab).

As you have no shows added yet, it says 'Nothing to sync'.

Uwe