Request: Calendar Integration

puttsy

Aug 17, 2012, 9:42:13 AM8/17/12
to seriesguide...@googlegroups.com

Uwe,

Love the app. I've tried all the TV Series apps in the market and this is by far my fav. (Plus Fringe being in the example shots was a sure bet).

There are a few items that may make it even better though:

I'm looking for an option to integrate new episodes into a Google Calendar I know some other app I tried had an option to "Add to Calendar" BUT, you still needed to manually click through the G-Calendar settings/dialog for every, individual episode you wanted to add to a calendar. If there were an option to select specific series' to add to a calendar, it would be extra awesome.

Second, It would be really nice if Series Guide could have some dropbox integration to backup info. I currently use dropsync to save my settings automagically to dropbox to allow easy recovery or simply sync the app between multiple android devices. If it could be done without dropsync, it would be even better! (I actually bought dropsync largely becasue I was tired of manually adding all my shows w/ every new ROM or new device I worked on/with after SD Card format/erase)

Again, great app. I use it daily and really like it, just a few extras is always nice.

Uwe Trottmann

Aug 18, 2012, 4:08:55 AM8/18/12
to seriesguide...@googlegroups.com
puttsy,

I am glad you like it, I knew the Fringe screenshots would pay off :)

I do not plan any further calendar integration than what exists right now. You have to make a repeating event yourself after pressing the calendar button of a shows episode.

For the syncing issue: you might want to try connecting SeriesGuide with a trakt.tv account to sync between devices. Instructions can be found here.

Uwe