initiate sync

markuc

May 22, 2012, 8:57:32 AM5/22/12
to seriesguide...@googlegroups.com
I've just installed series guide application and I tried to connect it with my trakt.tv account - but application is not able to sync any data ("updating failed, try again later") - can you say me, where is problem? I tried edit trakt.tv credintials repeatedly and it is ok, is there any issue with trakt.tv API?

Uwe Trottmann

May 22, 2012, 2:26:12 PM5/22/12
to seriesguide...@googlegroups.com
It can be sometimes offline. Also sometimes the TV show datasource TVDb is partially not accessible.

You did actually add your trakt shows via the + button and then the library tab?

Uwe Trottmann

markuc

May 22, 2012, 2:33:14 PM5/22/12
to seriesguide...@googlegroups.com
actually I tried it from yesterday and it is still same - I tried sync data from trakt.tv to app or other way (add new series by + button and tick some episode, information didn't sync to trakt.tv account)
I will try it again after few days and we will see

Uwe Trottmann

May 23, 2012, 1:07:43 AM5/23/12
to seriesguide...@googlegroups.com

I'll investigate as soon as possible. Sounds not good.

Uwe

markuc

May 31, 2012, 4:28:36 AM5/31/12
to seriesguide...@googlegroups.com
unfortunately it is still the same - "trakt.tv servers unreachable" or "can't connect" - I tryed wifi or mobile network and still same mistake
it looks like application can't connect to internet (but other applications work ok)

Uwe Trottmann

May 31, 2012, 8:16:53 AM5/31/12
to seriesguide...@googlegroups.com

Alright, I couldn't find anything myself. Could you send me logcat output while you are trying to sync?
A nice app to do this is CatLog.

Uwe

markuc

May 31, 2012, 8:37:12 AM5/31/12
to seriesguide...@googlegroups.com
ok, log from CatLog attached here - there is also some device info - hope it will help you
logcat_and_device_info.zip

Uwe Trottmann

May 31, 2012, 11:46:57 AM5/31/12
to seriesguide...@googlegroups.com
Alright, you seem to be affected by a problem that a small group of trakt users are seeing: the trakt API returns 'bad user' and is failing to authenticate you. For now there is no known solution.
However it would help if you could tell me your trakt username (send me a private mail if you don't want to share it on the mailing list), so I can pass it on to the trakt devs and I hopefully will slowly be able to find a pattern to this.

Uwe Trottmann

markuc

May 31, 2012, 2:00:53 PM5/31/12
to seriesguide...@googlegroups.com
my username isn't any secret information :) it's markuc (login email is mar...@gmail.com)
there is another similar service called followmy.tv - they are also working on some API, so in worst scenerio I will wait for their API/Android app

Uwe Trottmann

Jun 13, 2012, 11:39:08 AM6/13/12
to seriesguide...@googlegroups.com
Just to get this on record (user sent a message directly to me, I answered directly, not sure what happened there):

@stef94: What do you mean by looping? Actually the dialog should display an error message in its bottom area or just disappear if connecting to trakt was successful.

@markuc: Did the same 'looping' happen to you, too?

Uwe

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 12:11 AM, stef94 wrote:
I seem to be affected by the same problem:
when I installed SerieGuide X, the login screen for Trakt looped & I ended up dismissing it.
logging into Trakt through Menu -> Settings doesn't give an error message, but when I hit "Sync to SeriesGuide" nothing happens, and when I hit "update all" in the menu, nothing gets synced either
My username on Trakt is stef94

Let me know if you want me to post a logcat of the problem.

I really hope this gets fixed, cos I love your app & the way I can sync my progress watching my fave shows between my XBMC, tablet and phone.

Stef

markuc

Jun 13, 2012, 2:23:50 PM6/13/12
to seriesguide...@googlegroups.com
hello Uwe,

no, I haven't any "looping" at all - just login failed message in bottom area. After opening app, when I tryed sync manually and also from menu - stil same mistake (can't login, failed to communicate).